Real Estate Lists - Foreclosure, Eviction, Absentee Owners, etc.

Does anyone know where to get a list of homeowners who are 30-60 or 90 days delinquent on their loans. I don’t want people whose homes have already gone to the sheriffs sale. Also, I don’t want to buy the information from a reseller. I want it straight from the source. For example:

Absentee owner lists are easy to get through the county assessors office or if you know a real estate agent they should have access to a pretty good tax database which is typically tied to their MLS membership. The easiest is probably just through a real estate agent. This isn’t something that your typical agent will know how to get for you but any agent that specializes in working with investors will be able to pull the data for you via county tax records (downloaded through their MLS) in about 10 minutes. They’ll probably provide you the list for free, but you’ll want to build a long term relationship.

You should be able to find real estate evictions though the Housing Court in your county. Building code violations list can be obtained from the City Inspections and Regulator Services division. Sheriffs sale list can be obtained through the County Sheriffs Office. You just need to know which city, county or state office to contact, but the information is almost always free.

Most companies that charge for this information have just taken the time to get it themselves for FREE from the public records and then they’re reselling the information to people that are too lazy to get it themselves. Don’t be surprised if you pay a company for the information if it’s outdated. Then you’ll waste your money marketing to a bad list. Get the real estate information yourself from the source to be assured that your marketing money isn’t going to be wasted.

Get a hold of the title companies in your area. In my area they send me all the properties that are 90 days delinquent for free.