Why do I need a Buyers list?

Each time I check out real estate forums, theres always newbies looking for info on how to build a list of “buyers” so they can quickly assign the deal to another investor. My question is Why?

If I have a signed P&S for a property valued at 100k, and I can buy it for 60K…then why would I assign it to someone for a mere 5K “assignment fee” ?

Why not advertise the property everywhere you can and sell it for say 80K.? It doesnt matter who buys it, whether an investor or retail buyer…that fact is…anybody can buy it. It all depends if you want to make a few dollars or make real money.

I have bought and sold a number of houses and I have never assigned a deal to another investor, always an end-buyer for much more money.

You dont need a buyers list, you just good marketing skills.

what if your funds are tied up and you have a great property that you can assign and make an extra couple of grands?

When your business is churning and burning, you need to move them fast. You will be glad you have a list you can call on to move them.

This thread simply reminds me of my favorite quote “A quick nickel is better than a slow dime” when the deals are coming in and you need to unload quick to move onto a bigger better opportunity thats when you call a trusted buyer to pick up the deal (and they will because you are leaving money in the deal for them to realize on the back end)

LOL, very weird that people still object to the buyers list!
Here, I did a video on this awhile ago, check it out to explain why you need to have one. http://www.youtube.com/user/Wholesaling101#p/u/6/oxH4-F1FtwA

I hope that it answers your question. :biggrin