working with other wholesalers

Have any of you ever worked with other wholesalers in teaming up to find a buyer? I have a property under contract that I am having a problem finding a buyer. I contacted another wholesaler that I know. He wanted to me stop all of my marketing so that he could market the property, I wasn’t too keen on doing that. Foolishly I did it because I wanted this property moved. Anyways, I am running up on a Sept 3 closing date, it has been four days since he marketed the property out to his list and he only had one inquiry. Another wholesaler I know contacted me and told me to let him know if the other wholesaler can’t. I’m thinking about letting him have a crack at it. Have any of you let more then one wholesaler try and find a buyer for your properties?

Absolutely. We do a number of deals with other wholesalers. Of course we would prefer selling the deal ourselves. But my view is that each wholesaler that can potentially sell your property magnifies your effect. 3 wholesalers with 10 buyers each can show it to 30 buyers that you didn’t know about. We typically split a deal 50/50 if we don’t end up selling it ourselves.

It’s not uncommon to team up with another wholesaler to find a buyer. That is the power of building relationships with other investors. You get to use their buyers list. Of course you have to give up something in return (usually 50% of the profits). I’d take that any day of the week.

Do you have a special partnership agreement signed before you hand another wholesaleer information about the property you are tyring to sell?

I team up with them fairly often. :biggrin

If I have buyer for a house they have, we split the proceeds.

Same goes if I need a buyer from them, it is always 50/50.

In this business, building relationships can really help you out. :beer