New to investing-looking for mentor or just advice!!

My husband and I justrelocated to Texas from California and have been reading about Investing in real estate. We need help with Hard money lenders, how to handle these types of lenders. We are interested in wholesaling, rehabbing primarily while we build capital. ANY help would be appreciated!! :biggrin

I am not sure where you are in Texas but we have some HML on this site. http://www.reiclub.com/hard-money-lenders.php

I would just call one of them.

Where are you in Texas?

I am in the Austin area. Thank you for the website! :smile

Austin ain’t Texas. Austin is California East. Just joking but when it comes to real estate Austin acts and feels more like California than Texas. It is hard to make money in real estate in Austin. You may want to live in Austin and invest in San Antonio.

San Antonio, not Austin? Please explain… :help Are there better deals in san antonio? And would you use a realtor?

When it comes to hard money lenders, you may want to start with family and friends. I am sure that people find them within families and friends. Those will be you best hard money lenders. Just make sure you do your homework on the property to ensure the profit margin you are after.

And then again you can always wholesale. :beer So many new investors get hit blind and not know about the benefits of it. I am here to tell the world, wholesaling is hotter than it has ever been before in this market. Just test out your markets locally. Get a feel for whats really going on.

How would I get strted with wholesaling?

Close your eyes and make a wish. :rolleyes

J/k What do you know about the business so far?

In genenral I like to get a good deal on a house to invest in. A house that is for sale at a low price with reguard to its condition. You can find a fair amount of them in San Antonio. I have not found many in Ausitn.

I would use a realtor. I use one now and was taught by one. You need to find what I call an investor grade realtor. I would find one at my local real estate investor’s club meeting.