We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:06:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:06:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Your thoughts on the oil gusher(I refuse to say "spill")  (Read 11109 times)

Offline furnishedowner

Re: Your thoughts on the oil gusher(I refuse to say "spill")
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:43 pm »
phlemboy,
There are people right now working on variants of your scheme--the big pipe that goes down to the gusher and then sucking the stuff into tankers.

So it's not a stupid idea at all.  Maybe a low-tech mechanical solution will work.

BP should be forced into bankruptcy if their lack of safeguards caused the death and devastation.  It's no different than shutting down a coal mine that has ignored the safety rules.

This industrial accident may just go on and on until that tremendous pressure is relieved.  It may be unstoppable.

Some companies have an incredible drive for profits at any cost.  The worst example was the massacre at Bhopal.  I still don't think any CEO's went to jail for those thousands of deaths.  They should have been pilloried in International Courts.

Furnishedowner

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 10:47:52 pm »
FO, since YOU and your environmental wacko friends are directly responsible for this spill, I think that YOU should be pilloried in International Courts.  If you can't remember WHY you were responsible for the spill, please refer to my earlier post.
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline sellnbama

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:51 am »
  I hold the govt and it's piss poor oversite just as responsible.Saying that BP's greed is the cause is the same  as the govt taking numerous kickbacks and fine$$ from big oil to "overlook" what caused this mess.

And just as the housing crisis where big govt stepped in to tell the banks to lower standards for lending,,they obviously can't clean up the mess they created here either.

There was a ridiculous amount of violations from BP as compared to the other oil companies.And yet big govt took their fine $$ money and looked the other way.If I get a speeding ticket everyday,they revoke my license.AT what point does the $$ overtake people's lives?I think we are seeing the answer.Our nice "only looking out for you"govt is just as dirty on this one.

So I for one am not taking part of the bashing of BP only,,it's just as much the govt's fault.ANd the absolutly ridiculous response is ALL the govt's fault.We had 13 nations offering help and our big union president refused it.A GOOD leader would've thrown everything he could at this catastrophe.

Imagine just for one second if this had been George Bush,,and then we found out he was the #1 recipient of $$ from the very company that caused this.I thinkk it's time to pin the tail on the donkey,,it does'nt take SHerlock to figure this one out.

I say BP sux for putting $$ over people's lives,,,,and this administration sux for being in bed with them.With the resources we had available it boggles the mind to see people laying over the side of a boat wiping oil off of marsh grass with paper towels.REALLY,,is this our best!!??

And I remind you before you give a ridiculous excuse for this absolutly incompetent administration/BP,,I live here.I'm not taking notes from the news on this subject.I see it first hand,and it's really sickening,REALLY!   

Offline Delondon

• Wholesaling Real Estate 101
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:25 pm »
I see that so many people are terrified about this situation especially the business that have taking the hit from this situation. They better learn how to adapt to this and take it as a positive thing instead of crying constantly over it. They might need to learn how to invest in real estate.  :biggrin

It is not the strongest that survive, but the ones that can quickly adapt to change.

Offline oknevets

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 03:31:05 am »
the end of clean and clear water
seriously, someone has to clean the water and drain the oil. how? well, there's really no solution yet, blame the people responsible, it's such a waste

Offline justin0419

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 04:55:19 pm »
We're down here at Orange Beach, AL for the weekend.  Just got back from checking out the beach.  It's really bad.  There's a lot of oil showing on the surface, but if you move about 1/2 inch of sand out of the way there's lots of oil underneath too.  This place is pretty dead tourism wise.  Still some brave (stupid) souls out in the water now.  As we drove along the beach parkway, we saw quite a few workers out in ATV carts with shovels and plastic bags trying to pick up what they can.  There are some skimmers out in the water and even a refueling station out there too so they don't have to come back to shore.  If the WX is good tomorrow, we hope to rent a plane and check out the water from the air.  If we do, I'll try to post some other pictures.
Here's some we got just now:

One of the security guards at the condo is stationed at the entrance to the building from the beach walkway.  His sole job is to make sure people are washing their feet before they come into the building. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:46:49 am by justin0419 »
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »
Can you say......Police State?

Yes I can - POLICE STATE!
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline justin0419

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 11:02:47 am »
Got to fly along Pensacola Beach to Dauphin Island (just off Mobile) yesterday.  Most of the pictures were taken at 700'.  The ones around Dauphin Island were from 1300'.  Here's some of what we saw:
Notice the brown strip up close to the land near Pensacola Beach

Here's a skimmer:

Check out how few people are on the beach.  Last year Pensacola Beach was packed and you could barely find a place to put your beach towels:

Little bit harder to see the brown here.  This is east of the commercial part of the beach in Pensacola:

Some Orange Beach, AL condos.  Still have the brown strip in the water here too:

Random oil booms out in the water:

Much of the intercoastal waterway is trashed.  The water has a weird golden bronze tint to it.  Saw a speedboat whose wake looked a lot like oil:

Around Dauphin Island, they built up a sand barrier and placed a man made barrier on the other side of the island:

They also strung a oil boom in the water and tied it to the airport.  This is also a really cool airfield on Dauphin Island:

A random boat in the water:
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

Offline furnishedowner

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 06:29:35 pm »
Thanks for the terrific pictures, oil and all.  What a great job you have, getting to look at all that scenery.

Furnishedowner

Offline Hoosier4life2005

• www.myspace.com/hoosierluv
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 06:38:15 pm »
What a beautiful area.

This is really BS.  The Gov should never have permitted somebody to drill so far out where they couldnt cap it.  They should have allowed closer drilling.
Im Josh Azbell and im 20.  Add me on facebook :)  Im from Indiana.  I am going to be a Real Estate investor.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines