How can I become an expert in estimating repairs for my wholesale deals??

Hi All,

Just want to ask the experts on here how you have gotten good at estimating your repairs on wholesale deals??

Thanks!

Leticia

Hi,

There are professional General Contractors who spend a life time learning the construction trades!

For someone who wants to learn and has a pretty good understanding of math and can take quantities (Length, square footage, square yards) you can go out and buy estimating books from your local home depot or lowes and use them to come up with fairly accurate estimate numbers.

These books are about an inch thick, there are contractor estimating guide and home remodeling estimating by RS Means, there about $40 dollars per book and there are three books relative to the residential remodeling and construction.

Once you do this by quantity a number of times you will be able to look at something and estimate by experience the general cost of repairs! You will need to get a general idea of labor rates including but not limited to carpenters, plumbers, electricians, masons, concrete form setters and finishers, HVAC tech’s, drywall hangers and finishers, painters, etc.

This is the best you can do other than spending time working in construction for a general contractor.

Good luck,

GR

GR,

Thank you for your response. I will be making a trip to my local HomeDepot this weekend!

Leticia