Why do you like this board?

Due to all the conflict between a few members right now, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on why this board is fun to post on…

Ill start :slight_smile:

Ive been posting on here for 2-3 years now, and I must say, I really enjoy all the personalities on this board above any other boards ive tried.

Aside from my IU basketball message boards, this is the only message board ive found that actually has a good variety of people who are willing to help and are just interesting to talk too.

Heck, me and ChristopherW used to fight ALOT but now we are good buds on facebook and talk all the time.

Heck, even FurnishedOwner (even though I cant stand (her?) posts many times, is a good personality to have around, although (her?) posts to seem a bit INSANE to me.

Others (Jake, Mike, Rookie, Chris, Bama, John, and a few others im sure im missing) are all good personalities.

But anyway… I like all you guys, and I actually in a weird way, consider many of you my friends.

I like the fact that there are a number of members with different backgrounds and expertise. I also like the fact that topics we discuss are not focused strictly on REI… There’s some good discussions on wealth building, economy, politics. Of course these things can get heated at times. But its a lot like getting together with your buddies at the local watering hole. When I get together with some of my buddies it seems like we’re bustin’ each other’s chops constantly… You’d think a fight was about to break out sometimes. :argue. But its all good and we have fun. Its OK to attack a persons point of view in a debate. Just as long as it doesn’t get personal… That’s when fights break out.

I like to look at other investors questions to see if I have learned enough to answer them. I have been studying investing concepts less than a year ago and like to think that I have progressed from the newbie I once was.