We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 01, 2023, 10:48:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 01, 2023, 10:48:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Where to Find the Rules for Soliciting Private Investors...  (Read 2408 times)

Offline hart

Where to Find the Rules for Soliciting Private Investors...
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:41:45 am »
We currently own several properties free and clear and are frequently encountering new opportunities in our niche.
We would like to borrow money from private investors - essentially as a mortgage/note that will be secured by the property and recorded with the city.  The mortgage/note will be to our LLC that owns the property, we would personally guarantee the loan.

The potential investors that we target are "friends"/acquaintances, etc. - very rarely complete strangers.  And we only concentrate our efforts within the same state that we work/live/operate.

Having said all that, we want to make sure that we don't break any laws regarding the solicitation of private investment.

Is there a certain place where I could read upon on applicable laws/regulations?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Offline jeffcichocki

Re: Where to Find the Rules for Soliciting Private Investors...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »
I would start with your states SEC web site.  I have quite a bit of information on various states if you can tell where you live.  Maybe I have something I can shoot your way to help.

Jeff

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines