Tax Deeds in Texas

I know the basics about how the tax deeds in Texas counties work.
I think this is the right place to ask.

The tax deeds are listed every month in my county (Travis), but there are maybe 1 or 2 dozen that are listed and most of those are deeds that have been relisted year after year that won’t ever be purchased. It seems that I must be missing something, when compared to Florida county tax liens listings there are thousands per year.
Anyone have a quick explanation for why there are so few Texas deeds listed? I’ve watch the Travis county tax deeds for a few years now but want to understand more.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Texasrb,

as much as I want to assist you in the answer to your questions and your future questions, (and I do have the answer to your question) …I have to permanently remove myself from this forum for at least a period of 2 years…this forum is great, but it has some major issues that need to be attended to…

I am doubtful that they will be attended to…although I am willing to wait and see…the first thing is…who owns this forum, and to whomever owns this forum, why would you be so ignorant to have such negative people like PropManager and Bluemoon06 as moderators…I mean, who the hell is in charge of this forum…can’t you see that these moderators are not moderators but simply ignorant people who merely enjoy looking at their posts and listening to their own voices while shitting on genu9ine helping participants…

what a shame…I was havng so much fun here…Chris W, and Michael Q, and Rob in Atlanta, and Furn Owner and many others…are really cool and I had a blast communicating with them…but I can no longer put up with the bullshit that some of the moderators dish out…

shame on you to whomever owns this forum…you are letting a few lame ass people moderate and shit all over genuine people like myself who are solely out to help others…I dont have timefor this…I have millions to make, and I will acquire these millions with the networking I need to do so on a different forum, or the telephone (which none of these people who drag people through the mud would have a clue how to use the telephone in a professional manner.)

Good Luck, everyone…I wish you the absolute best…I have bigger and better things to go do than waste my time with ignorant ass people on this forum…God Bless!!!

I would lke to sinerely apologize to property-manager & especially apologize to Bluemoon…I dont know why I included you in last night’s rant, that was not fair.

I wish I could take back that post, but I can’t…I can only learn from my mistakes.

that was not very nice of me…I admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong to write those things.

I would also like to apologize to all the other members…you don’t need to be reading negative posts like mine last night.

This is easily the best forum on the web, and the moderators do a great job to make sure it runs smoothly. They donate their time to moderate the posting, and for that we should all be greatful…I guess I forgot that point for a little bit.

I make many mistakes in life on a weekly basis, and I’m still learning to be more mindful of others and respect their opinions.

I usually think for a bit and don’t act like that…I guess I let my emotions get the best of me.

Again, in closing, I owuld like to apologize to propmanager and bluemoon…and to the rest of the wonderful people who post on this great forum.

God Bless.

I forgot to answer your question Texasrb…

you are in a deed state, so it is typical that you will have far less properties go to the auction block. They are selling the prop, not just a lien like in FL…(even though they have a redemption period of 6 months, it is a redeemable deed)

stay positive (unlike me last night)…your time will come

dont forget, you have 254 counties in your state, and they all have a sale every month…that is over 3,000 sales a year, so go to a different county…dont stay and keep looking at just yours if there are currently no good deals.

try going to a few auctions out of your county and see what happens, you will never know until you try…see if you can meet a few new people at the sales, mingle, make some friends…do whatever you have to find out where the seasoned veterans are finding the good properties.

You live in the highest paying redeemable deed state…25%…that is huge…you buy a deed for $20,000…it gets redeemed 1 month later…and you make $5,000…that is a no-brainer.

Good Luck!

Hey Texas RB

I’m right here in Houston,
While I don’t do much with Tax Liens/Deeds I do know about them.

In some counties, things are just getting so out of hand they are giving more time to homeowners to catch up and aren’t proceeding with the sales process.

Keep in mind that you do have a redemption period, whereby you are really at the mercy of the homeowner. You really can’t do any rehabbing and other things within that time period.

You also have to do your research and really know what you’re buying.

More on this in my blog.

I would mix up your strategies a bit.

Instead o fbeing at the mercy of the homeownerl work with them. If you can get a deed ahead of the game, then all the power is yours.

think about it

Dennis

Thanks for the responses. I am just surprised at the low number of listing in such a large area. There are maybe less than 200-300 a year total that come up for Tax Deed sales and most appear to be just relistings. I guess that there is some process between the point of a homeowner not paying the taxes and a deed sales occurring that I am missing that keeps the Tax Deed numbers low.
Thanks again for the info.

you are right,

the property in deed states does not just go to the auction block because the property owner failts to pay 1 year of prop taxes.

the property needs to be delinquent somewhere between 2-7 years, …

for example, CA is 5 years…so the properties in CA will start at 5 years of back taxes…I’m not exactly sure wha Tx is currently

I’ll let you know if I get a chance to look it up thsi week