We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2021, 08:52:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2021, 08:52:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Self Conflict.... Standing up for Plege/Anthem?  (Read 36150 times)

Offline NJbird_dog

Re: Self Conflict.... Standing up for Plege/Anthem?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:24 am »
Sorry to say, but I'm on the same page as hammertime.

I may not have a lot of postings, but I do LEARN a lot from the posts by fdjake, rookieNYC, propertymanager, and others. But, PO, I don't even read your posts b/c all you do is psycho-analyze everyone else's posts line-by-line and add nothing of value.

It might be entertaining to read fdjake constantly call you out on your BS, but it's a waste of his time and everyone else's time. I'd rather read productive postings on HOW TO MAKE MONEY from people who are doing it.

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 10:12:43 am »
NJbird_dog,

"Sorry to say, but I'm on the same page as hammertime. "

You can make any assertion you want, but if you can't SUPPORT it, it is just your OPINION, which you and everyone else are completely entitled to... as am I...  Hammertime made  and assertion, was called on it, and he COULDN'T support it...  much like what you are doing now...

"I may not have a lot of postings, but I do LEARN a lot from the posts by fdjake, rookieNYC, propertymanager, and others. But, PO, I don't even read your posts b/c all you do is psycho-analyze everyone else's posts line-by-line and add nothing of value."

You mean of value to YOU...  YOU don't speak for everyone...  and by using that little search button on top, you will find many times people agreeing with me on different subjects... That is of value to them, so you are incorrect if you are trying to apply it to everyone else...  I go line-by-line because I believe it makes things clear... In addition, there are certain posters who like to CHANGE what they write when they are caught...

"It might be entertaining to read fdjake constantly call you out on your BS, but it's a waste of his time and everyone else's time. I'd rather read productive postings on HOW TO MAKE MONEY from people who are doing it."

So let's make sure we understand this... you don't read the posts I write but were able to form an opinion that they "psycho-analyze everyone else's posts line-by-line" and have ascertained that they contain nothing of "value"???  THAT is quite an accomplishment considering you not only don't read them before but now...  Add to the fact that the majority of my post are on RANDOM RAMBLINGS, which are exactly that - RANDOM....  Makes COMPLETE sense...

Funny, Fdjake had a similar post a while back saying essentially the same thing... 'I don't even read your posts", but then went on to read AND post to them... kinda like what you are doing right now...

"It might be entertaining to read fdjake constantly call you out on your BS, but it's a waste of his time and everyone else's time."

If it is a waste of time, WHY are you not only reading what you claim not to be reading, but then POST on it to boot...   :bs   

"I'd rather read productive postings on HOW TO MAKE MONEY from people who are doing it."

The interesting thing is NOONE is holding a gun to your head, and you can not only do EXACTLY that, but in addition to RANDOM RAMBLINGS, you have NINE other forums on this site that are investment specific...  so your point is mute...

NEWSFLASH!!!
You NEVER have to read another thing I ever write or POST to it to boot!!!  You have all the power there....  But please spare everyone the "I don't read what you write" BS... you are entitled to your opinion, but not everyone elses...

Offline furnishedowner

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 10:59:43 am »
posoutlook,
You are getting some good constructive criticism here but you are not taking it.

People are telling you to shorten your posts.  Quit dissecting every sentence, and doing that "GOTTCHA!" posting that you like to do.

You are obviously a smart guy.  Surely you can rein it in.

I don't like the personal slamming but you invite it with those long go-nowhere responses.  I, too, stay off this site sometimes because it is so fatigueing to be harassed by you.

I value this access to smart, experienced investors.  What a terrific resource. 

So, Pos, stop the hijacking and word diarrhea.  You have posted thoughtful, insightful stuff in the past.  A lot of which I disagreed with, but you made me think.  Get back to that.  Stop dissecting, slamming, and over-analyzing.  You can do it, and I mean it well.

Furnishedowner

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 11:24:58 am »
Furnishedowner,

There is no constructive-criticism in what they are saying...  That was very polite of you...

I have maintained all along that NOONE needs to read anything I write...  All I do is put my thoughts out there and SUPPORT it... me calling someone out if they don't SUPPORT their assertions which are usually directed at me personally is not harassment...  The characterization of "harassment" of my posts is COMPLETELY unsupportable...

"I don't like the personal slamming but you invite it with those long go-nowhere responses.  I, too, stay off this site sometimes because it is so fatigueing to be harassed by you."

I don't harass, and I reject that characterization.... I only answer what is posted... If you don't post, I have nothing to answer...  it's as simple as that... but then don't pretend that others don't do EXACTLY the same in posting while hurling personal attacks and demeaning dialog (breaking the forum rules), and then hypocritically have the gall to say that people you disagree with should be BANNED...   In addition, I don't break forum rules by calling people names, I don't swear, and I seldom participate in the knife-twisting...  But I don't expect that I will shy away from defending my position on a subject just because someone characterizes it as harassment, even though it contains no insults, or swearing, but theirs do... 

Like others, I PREFER that personal attacks were kept at a minimum as they just DISTRACT from the thread.

"Stop dissecting, slamming, and over-analyzing.  You can do it, and I mean it well."

If you consider answering posts point-by-point "dissecting", that's just my style... It is what I am comfortable with...  you are free not to like it OR read it OR post to it...

"So, Pos, stop the hijacking and word diarrhea."

Go back and read it... I did not hijack this thread...  and that is usually the case...

"You have posted thoughtful, insightful stuff in the past.  A lot of which I disagreed with, but you made me think."

I am glad you find value in it... thank you for the thought...

Interestingly enough, I am hearing from the people I expected to hear from... There are two more I expect who will not be able to hold back from adding to the pile-on...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:33:24 am by PositiveOutlook »

Offline REIER

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 05:39:20 pm »
PO,

I'm in agreement with all the others stating you provide little to no value to most threads you repond to here, as this is an RE forum. The only value I have ever actually gotten from your posts is from the FHA 90 day rule change you posted recently. Other than that, I generally just skip your long drawn out replys.

As a long time reader and recent contributor, the only posts I have always skipped were from you and, the now banned, Hooch. At one point, I thought you where one of the same posting under different names.

Anyways, I am sure you will respond to this and I will just skip over it, so don't even expect a response because I just don't have the time or interest, but I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some friendly advise. You really seem to enjoy writing and have quite a bit of time on your hands so you should strongly consider creating your own blog. You could post affiliate offers from amazon and other affiliate networks (just do a google search) and at least make some cash.

You could easily sign up with blogger.com or wordpress.com and be on your way. Just have a sign up box on your blog to send out a political newsletter for your subscribers who would enjoy your polical views (there are PLENTY of people on the net that would enjoy your writing) along with some affiliate offers, put banner ads, advertising space or even promote your own e-book on your blog/newsletter.

I think your time would be much better spent on your own blog, rather than just coming here and arguing with just about every single poster that dosen't see things the way you do. Having your own blog (something I really think you would be great at) would allow you to create and grow some nice Virtual Realestate and maybe someday sell all that content (you'd have that content under your own domain name to sell it eg. positiveoutlookspoliticalviews.com)  for some great $$ if you want. Flippa.com is perfect for that.

Something to think about PO.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:12:11 pm by REIER »

Offline Hoosier4life2005

• www.myspace.com/hoosierluv
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »
Wowzers, im really surprised by all the hate towards PO.  I dont get it.

Honestly, there isnt anybody on this site that I DONT like (although FurnishedOwner does say the dumbest crap ever almost every post)... why cant we all just get along.. damn.

Btw, Rookie, I dont smoke pot :)  Pot is for fooooools.   (I really dont..)

Rookie, seriously tho.  You got any books or anything you highly recommend about hard money lending?  Ive been lookin at that for quite a while and it seems much more appealing than dealing with crappy tenants.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:53:37 pm by Hoosier4life2005 »
Im Josh Azbell and im 20.  Add me on facebook :)  Im from Indiana.  I am going to be a Real Estate investor.

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »
Hoosier,

"Wowzers, im really surprised by all the hate towards PO.  I dont get it."

Don't be Hoosier...  Look at the ones who are posting it... COMPLETELY predictable...  I am still waiting for two others... but don't worry... it is only a debate tactic...  you KNOW this, because without question, they ALL have said in one form or another, at one time or another... "I don't read your posts, BUT..."  and then on TOP of that POST to them...  tells you all you need to know...  just use the search bar, and you'll see what I am saying is true...

Take the recent post before yours from REIER... according to his profile, he JUST registered here on January 12, 2010...  When he says...

"I think your time would be much better spent on your own blog, rather than just coming here and arguing with just about every single poster that dosen't see things the way you do"

The funny thing about this UNsupported OPINION is that there are PLENTY of posts where people out and out tell me that they agree with what I am saying... so read it for what it is...

Posting literally takes minutes, but they TRY to make it sound like I am ALWAYS on here, when in most cases, if you look at their profiles, they spend MORE time on here than I do...  I've demonstrated that time and time again...  it may be that they are slow typers or it takes a long time for them to form their thoughts or they don't know how to multitask... who knows...  

But I certainly don't live or base my life off of it...  Read and post if you want or DON'T...  it's ALL in their power...  The funny thing is, they try to play it off like they don't when the FACTS get in their way...

"Btw, Rookie, I dont smoke pot Smiley  Pot is for fooooools. "

But don't think that will stop them from trying to demean you using it... it gives you insight into their personality.. the minute they bring up pot smoking again, you KNOW you touched a nerve and they want to find a way to demean your POV because they CAN'T with the FACTS... instead of sticking to the FACTS, they go off on personal attacks or things that have NOTHING to do with the thread as a diversion...

As long as you SUPPORT what you say Hoosier, they have to resort to such tactics, because they HAVE NOTHING ELSE but personal attacks and straw men...  They KNOW this...

Offline NJbird_dog

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:39 pm »
I'm no psychologist, but you're displaying traits of schizo/paranoia/cynicism

No one's out to get you dude... "THEY" don't wish bad on you...

REIER actually had some great advice on blogging.

Anyway, regarding the original topic, here's something that was just emailed to me. I think hoosier would enjoy watching it to better understand why things are happening the way they are in our life time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b6dznIrfw
watch the series

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 06:58:57 pm »
NJbird_dog

"I'm no psychologist, but you're displaying traits of schizo/paranoia/cynicism  No one's out to get you dude... "THEY" don't wish bad on you..."

This is why you shouldn't practice armchair psychology...  Can you show me where I said anyone was "out to get me" or where I said, that "they" wish bad on you?

Hoosier, case in point... here is another example of what I am talking about...  (from a previous NJbird_dog post in THIS thread)...

"I don't even read your posts b/c all you do is psycho-analyze everyone else's posts line-by-line and add nothing of value. "

What is inane, is that he says he doesn't "read" my posts, but not only goes on to read them, but post to them "psycho-analyzing" me in the process in ANOTHER post after claiming that is what I do...   :biglaugh :lol

He has followed the SAME pattern as the others... "I don't read your posts" (but I do, actually), and "I certainly don't post because it is a waste of time" (but I do anyway)...    :bs

When you post with SUPPORTING facts, using their own words, the truth is on your side...

Offline rookieNYC

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »
Positive Outlook ,
  I was asked by a moderator to stop answering you back because they have already received *numerous* complaints into why you are even posting on this forum..And you would be dealt with accordingly..So savor the flavor..You fool no one with your banter..And you said earlier that I cant back up what I say,I distinctly remember making an offer to fly you out to NYC for a face to face interview with me and you did what all cowards do...Twist it and HIDE behind your keyboard..Do what you do best..Keep running your mouth from far away...The moderators and everyone on this forum are onto you as can be seen by the continual bashing posts you are receiving.. :beer

Hoosier,
I actually read 2 great books but I like this one the best....

Private Mortgage Investing: How to Earn 12% or More on Your Savings, Investments, IRA Accounts and Personal Equity--A Complete Resource Guide with 100s ....Secrets From the Experts Who Do It Every Day (Paperback)
~ Teri B. Clark 
Teri B. Clark (Author)
› Visit Amazon's Teri B. Clark Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central
(Author), Matthew Stewart Tabacchi (Author) "Real estate is an often overlooked investment option..." (more)

and this one

Make Your Money Make Money For You: A Step-by-Step Guide to Trust Deed Investments and Financial Independence by Amarjit Ahluwalia (Paperback - Aug. 22, 2007)

Despite the distraction here please feel free to private message me anytime if I can help you with any questions you may have..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:09:56 pm by rookieNYC »

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 07:19:45 pm »
Rookie,

" I was asked by a moderator to stop answering you back because they have already received *numerous* complaints into why you are even posting on this forum.."

And yet you do what you were asked NOT to do anyway... so much for respecting the moderators...  For the record, I have not received ANY communication from a moderator...

"And you said earlier that I cant back up what I say,I distinctly remember making an offer to fly you out to NYC for a face to face interview with me and you did what all cowards do...Twist it and HIDE behind your keyboard.."

Must be one of the posts you didn't read... go back an read it... after finding out it was nothing but an invitation for you to puff out your chest...  I in FACT, ACCEPTED your offer and told you after you got done puffing out your chest, I would take my wife out to a Broadway play...  those FACTS are indeed stingy things... 

Nice try Rookie....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:01:17 pm by PositiveOutlook »

Offline rookieNYC

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »
Must be one of the posts you didn't read... go back an read it... after finding out it was nothing but an invitation for you to puff out your chest...  I in FACT, ACCEPTED your offer and told you after you got done puffing out your chest, I would take my wife out to a Broadway play...  those FACTS are indeed stingy things...

Yet I still didnt receive any flight information..You are nothing more than an internet COWARD..Do what you do best duck,shield,hide...You have nothing but the words you type on that keyboard..My offer stands..I WILL FLY YOU OUT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE USA...I will pay for it and your make believe wife..You arent man enough to take the offer because you are a COWARD..

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 07:28:01 pm »
LOL... my "make believe wife"...  Yeah, I am going to take my "make believe wife" to a Broadway play...

DONE...

I'll send you something to sign...  PM me your email...  it is hidden in your profile...

All your attempt at intimidation is going to do is cost you a first-class ticket... I'll be happy to let you puff-out your chest...

Offline REIER

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 08:30:17 pm »

Hoosier,
I actually read 2 great books but I like this one the best....

Private Mortgage Investing: How to Earn 12% or More on Your Savings, Investments, IRA Accounts and Personal Equity--A Complete Resource Guide with 100s ....Secrets From the Experts Who Do It Every Day (Paperback)
~ Teri B. Clark 
Teri B. Clark (Author)
› Visit Amazon's Teri B. Clark Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central
(Author), Matthew Stewart Tabacchi (Author) "Real estate is an often overlooked investment option..." (more)

and this one

Make Your Money Make Money For You: A Step-by-Step Guide to Trust Deed Investments and Financial Independence by Amarjit Ahluwalia (Paperback - Aug. 22, 2007)

Rookie,

It's funny, I looked for Hard Money Lending/Private Money lending books a few years back, when the market was hot and everyone and their mother was an investor and a Hard Money Lender, but I couldn't find anything that explained the process in detail. These look great.

Thanks for the book suggestions, I'll be picking them up.

Thanks for asking Hoosier  :beer

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
To borrow a phrase from the great Yogi Berra, "It's like Deja Vu all over again"

I had this same discussion with several of you last year.

While we appreciate everyones involvement in the Forums, I don't understand why we need to keep reminding everyone that they need to manage themselves with some level of decorum.  One would expect that issues be handled on a somewhat professional manner as we are all adults and not children on a playground. If you feel the need to spit at each other and name call then be intelligent enough to take it off the Forums and use the PM system.

If you want to have a discussion, then discuss. If you want to bait each other into arguments and name calling.......find someplace else to do it.

Thank you.
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines