Any Advice Or Tips

Hi,

I would like to apologize in advance for my ignorance for I know nothing at all about what I am about to ask. I have an idea to start my real estate investing business by operating a hedge fund type operation. Is it legal to advertise for investors to be part of the hedge fund and how would I go about setting up the LLC or maybe someone could refer me to another blog entry covering this topic. As a hedge fund the funds would sit idle in the fund and as the fund manager I would have the ability to use the funds to aquire real estate?? Does this sound even remotely cose to being correct?

You can definitively setup a hedge fund to buy and sell properties but you can’t advertise for capital. You definitely should have an attorney directing you because it’s very easy to break the SEC rules if you don’t know what your doing as far as raising capital and what you promise investors. If I were you I would stick to one house one private investor. A lot easier and less rules to follow and easy loans to get. I wouldn’t set up a hedge fund unless you were planning on acquiring 100 house portfolios from the banks or big commercial ventures.