We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 04:32:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 04:32:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: The End is Near ...Sell everything and build a cave  (Read 111933 times)

Offline allagash

Re: The End is Near ...Sell everything and build a cave
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:30 pm »
I wonder what happened to Mike.... I get the feeling he's now working at the local HD in the plumbing department or something.

Not a chance in  :evil you'd be finding him there.....

Mike was very shrewd....within a matter of a few years....he was up to about 50 rentals.

Met with him personally on 2 or 3 occassions.

Some of the stuff he spewed....didn't sit right with me....but I still have a ton of respect for him.

100 fold over the average joe....

-Mike

Offline Hoosier4life2005

• www.myspace.com/hoosierluv
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2012, 09:45:48 pm »
I wonder what happened to Mike.... I get the feeling he's now working at the local HD in the plumbing department or something.

Mike was very shrewd....within a matter of a few years....he was up to about 50 rentals.

Some of the stuff he spewed....didn't sit right with me....but I still have a ton of respect for him.

100 fold over the average joe....

-Mike

Some of the stuff he spewed.. you talking some of the political things he used to say?  Good times.. good times  :beer
Im Josh Azbell and im 20.  Add me on facebook :)  Im from Indiana.  I am going to be a Real Estate investor.

Offline allagash

« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2012, 07:16:07 am »
about the biggest takeaway I got from Mike is that a good deal of the time....you really do need to be an SOB.

it's either that or get steamrolled....

As my father used to say:

Don't be Mr. Nice Guy

-Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SFdI2ejaGw
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:20:30 am by allagash »

Offline mcprops

« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2012, 06:36:04 pm »

Interesting that you met him. At least there is some legitimacy to his claims. 50 units in 3 years is quite substantial for sure.

I just wonder with all the posting (here and other forums) he did, along with the politics, that he was able to manage all those properties properly. I mean, he seemed to be going of the deep end a little...I guess I could see it all come crashing down. I do hope I'm wrong.

Offline justin0419

« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2012, 12:16:11 am »
If he had someone help him do some projects, it would be completely doable.  That was his job.  He didn't have to punch a clock anywhere.  I always wondered how much he really had because about all he said here was that he had dozens of properties. 
Speaking of being a SOB....  I settled a lawsuit today.  I had a guy's car impounded because he and his thieving gf stole our kitchen appliances and owed us some money.  It's amazing how he became motivated to pay us after the cops put his car on a rollback...  One down, three more to go.
A couple years ago, I crushed a guy's car who owed us money.  He got most of his crap out of the house after the eviction, but left a car behind.  All I had to do was cut out the gas tank and haul it to the scrap yard.  I really felt a lot better after the giant claw picked his car off my trailer and dumped it on it's side.
Yeah....you gotta be firm in this business.
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

Offline allagash

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2012, 08:54:50 am »
I really felt a lot better after the giant claw picked his car off my trailer and dumped it on it's side.

:biggrin

I’s just waitin’ fer dat sham of an employ rate print….sometin’ sub 8%....pre November….
Use me vix to ride her…..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIX
Yappin’ on da moon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbv-LcdLY-Y
-Mike
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:58:56 am by allagash »

Offline motivatedceo

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2012, 10:53:34 am »
I disagree on that.

I am a super-motivated, Tony Robbins style guy. Just being in my presence will make your day more cheerful! LOL

HINCE THE NAME MOTIVATED CEO.

=)

I am nice to almost everyone, and treat everyone - rich or poor the same - with a decent amount of respect.

However...don't get the wrong idea. I am tough as nails and if anyone @#@#$'s with me I will hit them back twice as hard. That applies to whether it's a fist fight, when it comes to a rental property or if it deals with a business transaction.

Do not ever forget that you can have large cohones and still treat people very nicely.

That's one of the big things I don't like about Mike's book. He is a brilliant property manager, but his personality is too negative. He may not show it when he's with someone in person...but his thoughts are very well expressed in that book.

about the biggest takeaway I got from Mike is that a good deal of the time....you really do need to be an SOB.

it's either that or get steamrolled....

As my father used to say:

Don't be Mr. Nice Guy

-Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SFdI2ejaGw

Offline justin0419

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:54 am »
I try to be the same way.  I agree with you.  I'm nice to a point, but I go all out if someone messes with me or my family.  I send letters to both HUD offices here when someone screws us over on money from a rental.  My goal is to make sure they can't rent a cardboard box if they screw us over. 
Our reputation is such that we don't really advertise our vacancies anymore.  People around town know we rent pretty nice houses and fix things when they're broken.
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

Offline allagash

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2012, 11:29:18 am »
ditto what you said....motivated...

guess you just understood me.

no biggee....too bizee....

-Mike

Offline allagash

« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »
getting back on track here.....you REALLY do need to be a SOB....in a nice way....

especially when in comes to PURCHASE PRICE....

Stick it to 'em!

-Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVWzezkoEw&feature=related

Offline rookieNYC

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2012, 01:41:53 pm »
From what I remember Mike had very rough area rentals. He carried a gun constantly and had many instances.. And you say he had 50 units of that LOL....No thank you...You couldnt give that 50 units to me and all that comes with it.. Vandalism,evictions,dogs,water bills,repairs,delinquent payers,chasing people around,police,tax bills,phone calls,BS....

I credit him for him for investing in areas and markets that no one else will..

Offline allagash

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2012, 04:18:05 pm »
like I said about Mike in Ohio....100 fold over the average joe....

not 1000.....not 10,000......

but too much of a classic rental model for me.

good points rookie....

-Mike

Offline VanDyne

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:07 pm »
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

If you feel the country is going down then follow your beliefs and cash out. Well, I wouldn't then want cash so you better transfer that to gold and silver and make sure it's not kept in a bank because they'll close their doors and you won't be able to get it out so you better lock it in a safe in your house. ---- I hope this helps you.

And, if you believe this is a buyers market because they country is on a low then buy, buy, buy the guys assets who believe they need to cash out. You'll both win.

Everyone should be happy now.

Offline allagash

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:10 pm »
I’s just waitin’ fer dat sham of an employ rate print….sometin’ sub 8%....pre November….

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php/topic,45480.msg254399.html#msg254399

headline today:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/september-jobs-report/index.html?iid=HP_LN

as expected......clockwork propaganda......

and from zerohedge:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-05/strangest-number-todays-jobs-number

:bs

carve out your own future!!!

-Mike

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:56:38 pm by allagash »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines