before and after pics of your rehabs

Anyone have any before and after pics of their rehab projects… Interested in seeing what everyone is doing out there.

Hi,

We generally take between 500 and 1000 digital photo's of our projects as we do them. We also take video for future reference.

Send me your email address by PM and I will ask my secretary to send you some photo’s.

GR

Thank you, i sent the private message!!

I always take my wife over to the house after it is finished or pretty far along and my wife will ask me if I took any before pictures. I always get so excited about getting started that my efforts are really not on chronicling the event but getting it done. I am the worlds worst.

It may just be me because I am the same way with vacations. I don’t take vacation pictures of me enjoying the vacation I just enjoy the vacation.

I have two properties i looked at… Making an offer on both… I did my homework and I offered what I think the house should be purchased for to still make money.

If one or both go through I’ll document my first rehab and post pictures.

I hope this works ok. Here’s a link to pictures of one of our rehabs:

http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/justin0419/20th/

I’m not a rehabber by trade and I have a day job. This rehab is for rental - not a flip. The point of this was to be cost effective to produce a good quality rental. Total money in the project was about $6500 for repairs with me doing most of the work.

justin- how do you find the time to do the rehabs? my partner and i are in the same position right now, we both have full jobs and are rehabbing in our spare time and its really exhausting!

Yep…it’s tiring. Guess what I did yesterday for about 8 hrs and today for about 5 hrs? I work M-F generally from about 7:30 am until 4:00 pm. A lot of times I’ll spend time from after I get off work until about 8pm (when the kids go to bed) with the family. Then I’ll go over and work a few hours at night on the projects. This was working out ok until I started taking some classes online for my job. So that’s another thing to split my time with. The house you see pics of took my wife and I a few months of evenings/weekends to do. The only things I didn’t do on this one were the water heater installation and siding. I generally enjoy it, but I usually get to the point on a house that I’m ready to move on to another challenge. That’s when the project starts to drag. I take breaks on weekends from time to time so we can do family stuff. When I have to get everyone over there, I’ll let the kids take game systems or a tv and movies to keep themselves entertained. Some days the kids like to help. Other days they just run around outside.

thanks for the pics!!! I just like seeing what level of rehab everyone is shooting towards… My two deals feel through this weekend so I’m back to the drawing board.

Bathroom - BEFORE:

http://c:\Users\Miriam Anne Gaddis\Pictures\1057 before\1057 Bathroom toilet and sink.jpg

AFTER:

http://c:\Users\Miriam Anne Gaddis\Pictures\1057 E 15th after\1057 E 15th After 030.jpg

Hmmm. My pictures aren’t coming out. What am I doing wrong?

You can put your pics on a site like photobucket and then put the link here. That works. I haven’t seen a way to directly upload pictures from my computer.

Since I live out of state, I have my brother take pics right after I close, then he does a video walk thru. When the rehab is in progress, he does it again. This gives me a picture of what they are doing and what needs changing. Once the house is finished, he does the final video walk thru in more detail.

He pops it on youtube and I get to watch it that day.

It’s great to keep in your files, and it’s faster than looking around to see what pictures to take, cause men are not detailed in that department. Sorry guy, ya’ll know it’s true!

Tien

Anyone have anything new to post?

LOL, sounds just like me, my wife has assigned my oldest son to be my official “before” photographer now. :biggrin

justin0419,
Your rehab looks great. Tasteful and inviting finished little house.

My next one is going to have fake log walls. There is very cool wallpaper than converts a shack to a log cabin. I saw it in a Missouri restaurant and it was amazing. Now I want to get started so I can take pictures.

Furnishedowner

http://www.realtyspree.com/87-garfield-renovation.cfm

I have some vid’s on my youtube page…I’m probably heading to this one today to update them…we’re about a week from completion and it’s really come together nicely…I have another project starting this week…a total rehab…so the transformation videos should be pretty cool…btw, the videos posted now were my first try…and i took them kinda quickly…sorry… :biggrin

mike

www.youtube.com/thetattooedinvestor

Tattooedinvestor,

Nice videos. The pace of the video is always a bit quick the first couple of times you do one. You can take it all in, but the video seems too fast when done that way.

The inside of your renovation (Union) looks a lot like one that I will be closing on later this month. Unfortunately, my fireplace doesn’t have the character of yours.

That isn’t going to be a rental is it? Looks like too good for that to me.