Assigning contract to homeowner

Has anyone assigned a contract to someone that is just a regular homeowner and not interested in making it an investment property? If I where to assign it to a homeowner would the lender be concerned about my assignment fee? Would I be representing the homeowner like a real estate agent/broker? Mainly I’m concerned about the law and licenses as far as selling to a non investor here in Washington state.

Is this a stupid question?

No its not a stupid question. Yeah you can assign a deal to a homeowner but he will be using conventional loan. If you know how to do it, then Go don’t Stop. If I am wrong somebody correct me. :dance

Yes, you can assign a contract to someone that will be an owner-occupant (that’s what you call someone when they’re going to live in the property themselves). However, check with the buyer’s lender first to be sure they allow it. If the lender doesn’t allow the buyer to pay a fee, consider raising the price and charging the fee on the seller side of the transaction. Good luck to you on your deal!

Thanks