windows:vinyl or aluminum

Does anyone know which type of replacement window might be the better bet as far as price/durability? I’m considering either vinyl or aluminum for some rental units…
thanks

Vinyl. White windows always look good with any color house and they never need paint.

If you are buying for property you are keeping, pay enough to get quality. The welds at the corners should be smooth. I’ve seen some cheap vinyl windows that don’t seem to be sun-proof. They yellow and harden. That is not normally a problem with vinyl windows.

Aluminum transmits the cold, so your windows are weather-tight, but the frames are freezing cold.

Do they still make aluminum windows?

How about wooden windows? It can give your house a classic and expensive look. Also it can protect you from freezing cold weather.

I actually went with fiberglass. More expensive, but lasts forever!

I’ve used both,the aluminum was as good as vinyl to me anyhow.They used to be cheaper,but the last set were vinyl and were about the same price as aluminum.I think the aluminum are powdercoated or something they look the same as vinyl to me.Either way,money well spent.