Newbie, bird dogger...

Hi, I’m just getting started in REI. I’ve been in Austin for 10+ years and have been researching the RE market here for about 3 yrs. Very familiar with central Austin.

I was planning to start by scooping up some condos for rental that I found good deals on, but I don’t have much cash reserves. I’ve been told to start by bird dogging instead.

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions? All comments welcome! TIA!

Hi Christie,

Bird-dogging is a great way to learn the ropes, especially if you plan to become an Investor. You find motivated seller leads for pro Investors, and they will pay you a referral fee if they are able to close. More importantly you can learn a great deal from the real life transactions you will be exposed to. When you provide good usable information that saves Investors time and money, then they won’t mind taking time to help you learn the business. The key is providing useful, qualified leads. It’s win-win. Good luck.

Christie,

Glad to meet you.

Starting as a Bird Dog is the No Fear - No Liability - No Money way to learn about this great industry.

Just make sure you are dealing with real investors and not wannabes, check to make sure the investors that you turn your leads over to are what they say they are.

This would be my advice when first getting started know who you are dealing with. Don’t take any :bs just get the facts and you will do fine.

John $Cash$ Locke

Hi there! Bird dogging is a great way to get started. I can send you more info on what I send my bird dogs. Also, I am the Dir. of Marketing for Wealth Builder’s of Austin. We are a non-profit group that meets once a month to discuss real estate and other investments, personal finance, engineering creative transactions, etc. Here is the link: www.ezwaytoriches.com/wealthbuilders.htm Feel free to email me.
:thumbsup