Beginning Investor w/ Questions

I’m new to Real Estate Investing and I have several questions.

I have to say these forums are AWESOME. I’m learning a lot by just reading. There’s a lot of knowledge here.

Questions:

1. Do the majority of you use virtual assistants or local persons to help build your business?

2. Do you market your own properties or use a Real Estate agent or Marketing Firm?

3. You make it seem so easy to build a buyer’s list. I’m trying to build a buyer’s list but I don’t have any properties yet. Will investors actually join my list and give me their buying criteria?

4. I am on the email list of Peter Conti. I am actually considering signing up for his mentoring/coaching program. Any comments or recommendations?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions but at the moment I’m still learning.

Thank you

To answer some of your questions…

1. I don’t use a virtual assistant but I’m looking into it to help with marketing on craigslist and other tasks like sending out my mailers on click2mail.

2. as a wholesaler I market my own to my buyers list

3. It’s not hard to build a buyers list, but you have to maintain it as the activity level with investors is inconsistent at best. Most will join your list because you never know where a deal will come from.

4. I wouldn’t pay for a mentor, I’d join the local REIA and network with all the successful members. Keep talking with them and befriend them and they will help you for free.

Hope that helps a little bit

You don’t want to pay for a mentor. Your mentor should be someone that WANTS to help you, and not because you’re paying them. On that same note, you must play a little give and take. Don’t expect to simply leech information from your mentor. You must bring something to the table, even if its something as simple as extreme gratitude and taking your mentor out to dinner. Show appreciation and respect, and sometimes that’s enough.

You know - the funny thing is - who’s going to “want” to help you as your mentor - at the end of the day - there HAS to be some reason or return on their “investment” in you.