for those so called real estate gurus!!!!

This message is for those so called real estate gurus!!!

Why the hell are you selling your courses for thousands of dollars if your rich??? WHAT THE F@#$!!! YOU SON OF A B’s!!!

If your already rich why don’t give atleast a thousand copy of your ebooks…reply if you want to explain why…

SUCKERS!!!

Because I don’t really do real estate just sell real estate information and the fact that I want to screw you and take your money pleases me.

Actually I’m not a guru nor is my statement above related to me but that statement is why most gurus are in the business. To sell you information they don’t do themselves just for a quick buck.

There is a saying in the REI community “Those Who Can Do Those Who Can’t Guru”.

I can only speak for myself on this one…though I charge under $100 for my course info, my ultra expensive stuff like mentoring is sold out.

Here’s how I look at it. I still make ALL of my REAL money in real estate. But, I have to say, I enjoy helping people succeed just as much as I enjoy investing…

Selling real estate information for me is a bit like deer hunting…If I were to spend as much time and money as I do to kill a deer, the meat would come out to like 50 bucks a pound. Honestly, If I were to ad up the money I make for the amount of time I spend with my investing products business, it comes out to about burger king wages…Where as my real estate business itself makes me $80-$90/hr.

The thing is, I don’t sell my investing products “for the money”, I sell them to have what I enjoy doing make sense on some level…Having people pay me money is part of the give and take of it all. My goal is to offer more value than any other person out their and I’m pretty sure I do that.

When someone buy’s my stuff, their not buying a 300+ pages of guides and 12 CD’s of audio…There buying and getting a short cut, condensed, lesson of my experience buying and selling over $11,000,000 worth of real estate and 120+ homes…

That means, they don’t need to make the same mistakes I did, they don’t need to reinvent the wheel, they basically have an exact map of everything I’ve done to succeed. After I finished putting together my course I looked at it and thought “Dam% I wish I would have met me and bought this 8 years ago”…That’s the honest to god truth…I would be alot wealthier today, had I known then what I do now…

I agree with you on the fact that spending thousands on a course is in most cases “Way too much money”, but the cost of a $5,000 guru course , is a pittance, compared to the opportunity cost of the time and energy most people waste spinning their wheels, getting ready to get ready, preparing to prepare.

If I had a nickel for every person over 40 i’ve talked to that “thought about investing” but never did, I could buy 20 of those high priced guru courses…

I guess my point is…Spend your money as you wish…BUT ALWAYS TAKE ACTION…

Eric

This is a funny subject for me. Information is the most valuable commodity around. It isn’t money that makes money, it’s knowledge. I’ve known investors that belly ached that gurus charged X amount for their courses, boot camps and mentor ships and such. This is what I believe. If the information the guru is selling is up to date, and actually does work, then that should be all that matters. There are some real slime balls in the Real Estate Investing Education biz. While others are true gems in the industry.

I agree with you Wholesalekid thats why I have come out with a new system to aviod gurus and make a billion. I normally charge $2000 but today for the members of this club $1000 but wait I will through in free phone support (no collect calls please). But wait a free library card is also yours to read unlimited books on real estate and investing. Heres a taste of my money making scheme I mean, opportunity, find a billion poeple and have them give you a dollar.

I’ve always wondered why you can find great books on rehabbing for under $30 (Flip by Gary Keller for example), but you can’t find anything like that for wholesaling. The catch-22 of not having money for education, but needing education to make money, really sucks. Your best bet is to read all the free information you can find, then try to meet a local person from one of the hundreds of REI forums online. Then once you make some money, use some of the profits to invest in a course.

But if you are making money …and then have some experience…

Do you need the course?

Education is very important, but $1,000 course most of the time is b.s. I read a book from Barnes and Noble, then closed on two rental units - that I still own. I wholesaled four properties in 3 months following a GSREIA work shop with Glen Gallucci in Jersey. That cost me $50. I closed on a SS deal after getting free information including contacts from Strategic RE Coach. After I made a little change, I purchased their course, because not only were they willing to give a lot stuff away for free, but information was releveant. Make sure you weed out all these fakes making a fortune off the struggling newbies back!

It depends on how you feel. I’m a real estate agent, and I’ve taken free classes from my broker, read tons of articles online, participated in forums, as well as taken classes required for my license. I’ve closed my own wholesale deals, as well as deals for clients. And I still feel like I need to learn more. I do plan on buying a course this year, but it sure as heck won’t be a $1,000 course. In fact, I plan on getting mine from ebay. I’ve seen the course I want for less than $200 on there.

If you feel you’ve learned enough from the free stuff, save your money. But if you’re like me, and feel that you need to learn more, you should invest in the education. You can always write off the expense. And if upfront money is an issue, shop around for it. There are LOTS of people who’ve already purchased courses, but want to unload them because they never did anything with it. Use your “deal finder” skills in everything you do! :biggrin

That’s true , good advice

I guess people just have to be careful though with the $1000 'courses" that basically tell you the same info that is available on this forum and similar ones.

Or maybe they don’t even give you that much info.

I always used to say “don’t stay up late watching infomercials!”:slight_smile: but now they come on at all hours of the day. You can’t get away from them!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

Seriously though, they are a joke! They are not RE investors but salespeople peddling their wares. Soon you’ll see Kevin Trudeau get into the game with "…Real Estate Secrets ‘they’ don’t want you to know about…"LOL!! :deal

Wholesalekid - welcome to the world of real estate investing. Start researching on the net and figuring out which stuff is worth paying for and which stuff is a waste of time money. There’s no reason to get angry , just dont buy something thats not worth it. There are some great cheap things out there but the majority of info you need is free and already posted but you have to dig it up. I built my entire business in under $500 worth of spent money on educational materials. All the info I needed was free on the net and through experience. The stuff I paid for was worth it because I did my research before I paid for it.

What an angry post! Many of the gurus you refer to are not rich yet, they have not sold enough courses yet, give them some time and they will make enough money to start investing in real estate and will be able to give a real seminar. So what is your problem with people selling their experiences in the real estate business? Are you angry because you do not have a program to sell or you had a few failures in the real estate investing business?

Not all folks who purchase programs are SUCKERS, they are just like you, folks who are looking for the next income level and want to better themselves.

The reason I teach, partner and mentor is so that I have an opportunity to expand by reach in many areas and to increase my percentages of making a profit. I have done transactions in Philly, Jacksonville, Florida, Atlanta GA and all the counties in Maryland and many of them in Virginia.

It is a great business.

Charles Parrish

Are you sure you I am the one whom is angry??? haha I thought you are…and I don’t say ALL real estate gurus are SUCKERS…just handful of them…( LOl )…I hope you never have a heart attack…