A question that might not get answered

I have a feeling this will not get answered, but I do not truly know until I do it.

The QUESTION …

For the people that participate in Tax Sales (Liens), what strategy do you use?

i.e. methods of “Trying to maximize the APR vs worrying about the deed”

i.e. methods of “Attempting to find someone that look like he/she may not redeem”

Thank you,

Aikin

I will take a shot at this. Remind you I am not a Tax Lien pro I have purchased over 300 or so.

1. Trying to maximize the APR vs worrying about the deed?

Getting the deed on the property is about the same odd’s as winning the lottery so I always look at the APR. Keep in mind that the lender on the property also will pay off these Tax Liens and cut you out on that because your position as a Tax Lien holder out powers there position as a lien holder.

P.S. Clark County Vegas is paying 21% at last check.

1. Attempting to find someone that look like he/she may not redeem?

If you are going to do this you better get a great hook up at a title company/Attorney office that will pull a ton of deed searches for you and look for people with no mortgage on the property. Vacant land is the #1 for winning the property in a tax lien. The way I look at it is that I probably will not end up with the property and I really don’t care what house I end up with for $500-$4,000 dollars I will make my money back at least 10 fold!