Working with Realtors

Can i wholesale a deal working with a realtor? How are they compensated? Is the commision still paid by the seller? An can i use a non brokers real estate contract to make my offer on a property listed by a broker?

Yes u can…

it depends on how you close, but if you do a double close then there is a commission paid out on the first close and another commission paid out on the second close. Everything is negotiable though

You would want to make sure that the Realtor knows what your doing but yes, you can work with one.

I actually disagree with Jared. The only thing the realtor needs to know is that your buying the house for the agreed price and that he/she is going to get their commission.

What you do with the house is up to you. Now…with that said I have a great relationship with my realtor that we talk very openly about me wholesaling my deals. At first though…it wasn’t like that.

Nate-WI

That makes sense Nate, good point.

I disagree with Nate on one point. If you are going to wholesale specifically short sales and the Realtor on board is going to potentially get you buyers, you must let the Realtor know. Otherwise it gets really messy. If not a short sale, I agree with Nate.