Whos name on lease?

Bought my first property. My brother plans on managing it for me.
Whos name goes on the lease his or mine?
I plan on not being involed in anything to do with the tenants.

I believe this may depend on a few things… Do you have a LLC or some other corporation set up that this property is under? I would say from a general perspective (and others may have more/better information) that his name would be on the lease as Property Manager.

There may be some legal issues with having him be the property manager for your property if he is not actually set up as part of your llc/corp… However, I am not very familiar in this area… Maybe someone else could correct me here.

Thanks

Is your brother a licensed property manager? He won’t be able to act on your behalf otherwise unless he is an owner of the property.

In my state, WI, to be able to negotiate a lease, you either need to be a licensed sales agent working under a licensed broker, or have your broker’s license yourself. Make sure you check into the legalites in whatever state you live in before your brother starts doing stuff for you.

I never really thought about him having to be licensed for such a job. I will have to look into it.
I bought it using my own name.
If he had to be licensed, do you think it would be alright if I had everything in my name but he just carried out the duties?

I may have inadvertently left that out of my post, but your brother negotiating the lease for you is actually the key to the whole thing. If he is negotiating the terms of a lease for anyone besides himself, in this case for you, then he most likely needs a license. Ask around your town/state to determine which licenses he needs specifically.