We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 07:47:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 07:47:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Just another reason why I cant stand Liberal lefties  (Read 39573 times)

PositiveOutlook

Re: Just another reason why I cant stand Liberal lefties
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »
BTW, I am left-handed... :biggrin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:54:37 pm by PositiveOutlook »

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 01:31:21 pm »
How do you come to a conclusion on a topic?  Do you rely on a knee-jerk reaction to things, do you follow the masses in potential fear of non-conformity, are you focused on being politically correct, do you leave open your opinions for revision... do you delve into it listening to opinions on both sides, rely on your upbringing... how do you come to a determination of what YOU actually believe?...

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 10:19:32 pm »
"I am 100% in agreement that we need separation of church and state. That may be the most important liberty of all.  Keep religious dogma away from our laws."

Furnishedowner

"...reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle..." -
George Washington, Farewell Address

“ It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible.” - George Washington

Your position is in direct conflict with our first President who was the first to govern with the laws of the land…

Offline fdjake

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:05 am »
George Washington was a living breathing contradiction on NUMEROUS subjects.

George Washington who spoke of the evils of SLAVERY, yet OWNED over 200 SLAVES and wouldn't have been able to build anywhere near the wealth he created without them.  He did NOTHING about slavery while President of the United States.   When Washington died his will declared that his then 300+ slaves would be freed ONLY upon the death of Washingtons wife.  This at a time when the Washington's were one of THE RICHEST families in the Country.

HOW GALANT!!!   How many of those slaves DIED in bondage while Washingtons wife lived out her remaining years in the lap of luxury.

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 11:49:22 am »
As if by Washington owning slaves that negates his principles in other areas...   :rolleyes   Your straw man does NOT change what I said... that Furnishedowners position was in contrast to Washingtons...

"We have no government armed in power capable of contending with human passions nbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." - John Adams, 2nd President of the US

"The proscribing any citizen as unworthy the public confidence by laying upon him an incapacity of being called to offices of trust and emolument unless he profess or renounce this or that religious opinion is depriving him injuriously of those privileges and advantages to which, in common with his fellow citizens, he has a natural right." --Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the US

I could go on, but I think you get the point...  But according to your assertion FDjake, the fact that he owned slaves should also negate all his other principle positions...  :rolleyes  Of course, that would only be if they disagreed with your flawed supposition...  FYI, 8 out of 10 of our country's first 10 Presidents owned slaves while in office....

As the first President of America, Washington was conscious of the very real risk of splitting apart the young republic over slavery. He did not advocate the abolition of slavery while in office, but did sign legislation enforcing the prohibition of slavery in the Northwest Territory, so he did take steps... remember where he was living... in the south...

"After the Revolution, Washington told an English visitor, "I clearly foresee that nothing but the rooting out of slavery can perpetuate the existence of our [Federal] union by consolidating it on a common bond of principle."

"it being among my first wishes to see some plan adopted, by which slavery in this country may be abolished by slow, sure, and imperceptible degrees" - George Washington

10 years later - "There is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see some plan adopted for the gradual abolition of slavery"

He was dealing with political realities of the time...  His final act on the subject was freeing the slaves in his will, yes, after his wife's death...

"SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE"

The Founding Father's position on the concept of "separation of church and state" is clear... they all exhort that the state should NOT be allowed to hinder the free exercise of religion or establish a state religion, but they felt from the Declaration of Independance forward that our freedoms were based on unalienable rights ENDOWED by our Creator...  FREE EXERCISE not be abridged...

If you do not believe that our rights are endowed by our Creator, what do you base your rights on?  If you are going to argue our laws, they are based on the former...

Our HISTORY is our history, and it does their memory injustice to mispresent their beliefs...  the men and women, both free and slave who FOUGHT with their treasure and blood to this end, deserve more...

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Offline fdjake

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 12:19:31 pm »
I simply pointed out that EVERYONE including our FOUNDING FATHERS have CONFLICTS regarding their BELIEFS vs their actual PRACTICES.

You constantly quote our founding fathers and I thought it interesting to see the REALITY of how LIVES were LIVED versus what these people WROTE or what was written about them.

It actually reminded me of YOU.  Someone who thinks in broad strokes and grand ideas but can't finish a simple project on time.

Offline christopher w

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 12:31:26 pm »
Positive,

They need to make a Bud light commercial for you.

"Real men of genius

Here's to you Mr.  ""Termite King"" defender of the right, master of the cut and paste guy.

You own a termite infested dump, but you would rather spend your time (NAY) waste your time arguing online with total strangers behind a fake name.

Mr.  "Termite King" defender of the right, master of the cut and paste guy."
(Sung to the tune of Real Men of genius)

Christopher W
C-214.923.5781

Offline fdjake

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:42 pm »
Chris,

That was OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

I think I may have passed out for a few seconds from LAUGHING so hard!!!

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

Hooch

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 01:11:51 pm »
You constantly quote our founding fathers and I thought it interesting to see the REALITY of how LIVES were LIVED versus what these people WROTE or what was written about them.

So you are saying that they wrote one thing that they knew would be best for the country BUT lived a completely different way. And what they WROTE is meaningless as they didn't live that way.

FD, I would love for you to actually base what you are writing on factual information as Positive is. That way we can get to the bottom of things.

And Chris, the termite thing again... give it up. As you know, he is making money on the house. EVERY experienced investor has found hidden problems after they bought a house. Anyone would say otherwise is either a lair or an amateur.

Offline fdjake

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 01:23:43 pm »
You want FACTS????  Here's the FACTS....

WASHINGTON owned OVER 200 SLAVES while he WROTE about how bad it was....He did absolutely NOTHING about slavery while President.  Those are called FACTS!!!

People write what they WANT others to believe......What they DO, shows us how they REALLY lived their lives.

THAT HOOCH is called a FACT!!!   If I tell a group that stealing is wrong and I'm stealing from them as they sit there....What I SAY is just BULLSH*T.......What I'm DOING really shows these people what type of person I am.

You can make stats and facts say whatever you want them to say.  You can cut and paste quote after quote after quote.  IN the end ALL that matters is what you actually DO.....Not what you SAY should be done.

Everything else is just SPIN.

The Republican party lost The White House, the House of Reps and the Senate because American people got sick of being told ONE THING while the EXACT OPPPOSITE was done right in front of their eyes.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:41:08 pm by fdjake »

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 01:37:49 pm »
Hooch, let them talk...  they BOTH jump to their straw men of personal insults that have NOTHING to do with the subject at hand...

"Termite-infested" - It was along the outer rim of the house (approximately 10-13 feet) which did no structural damage...  so not exactly "infested"...   :rolleyes

Christopher, I am not aware of you being an active real estate investor... are you?

"but you would rather spend your time (NAY) waste your time arguing online with total strangers behind a fake name"

I've already expounded on my schedule for this project... point is, I will make what the self-appointed great FDjake made on his flip that cost him MORE money to get the same result...  must be killing him that the rookie's numbers were better than his...  which is why I suspect he tries to demean it so often and will continue to do so...  he can't help himself...

No matter, EVERYONE sees it for what it is...  Childish school-yard banter by someone supposedly in their 40's....   :rolleyes

"Someone who thinks in broad strokes and grand ideas but can't finish a simple project on time"

My thoughts are specific, and as far as "on time" that is based on my schedule and specifics, not your's... 

What is laughable is that they both criticize both of us for spending time on this site, when they both spend MUCH MORE TIME on this site...  with the majority of FDjakes post just personal attacks and straw men...  just look at their stats...  the overwhelming MAJORITY of FDjakes posts and time spent on this site are in Random Ramblings...   :rolleyes 

Offline christopher w

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:06 pm »
Positive,

As a matter of fact I sold my last fully rehabbed investment property last may and made a nice profit of 30K thank you. I do however work with investors EVERY SINGLE DAY and give advice on structuring sales contracts, setting up HML loans, etc.... So if your point is to make me look as a if I am spouting about a subject in which I am not familiar you failed.

FdJake gives stock advice here which is where he is supposed to post.

FDJake has made his money already. Every month you hold the property in question your profit goes down. So while you can dream about the money you hope to make; he has already made his money and is using it to make more money. I am quite sure if we add up all of Jakes money made from that one deal as well as on the deals he had had since then from the profit it will be a nice tidy sum.

When Jake and I had a beef a few weeks back I did some very thorough digging on him and what I discovered is he is investing in Cars, and Vintage Guitars, and Stocks, and Real Estate so I am quite sure that he knows what he is talking about.

You on the other hand spend countless hours baiting people with your rhetoric and then nit-picking when they don't give you the EXACT answer you were looking for. Now who is childish? As I have said before arguing with you is like teaching a pig to dance. It never works and it just annoys the pig.
Christopher W
C-214.923.5781

Offline Hoosier4life2005

• www.myspace.com/hoosierluv
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 01:56:15 pm »
Looks like somebody thinks there better than you PostiveOutlook...... 

We get it Chris.. your awesome, and im a potsmoker, and PositiveOutlook is a childish lazy bum who sits on his PC spewing rhetoric.

We get it.  Your personal attacks are dead-on man.  Your posts are greatly appreciated.

Positive,

As a matter of fact I sold my last fully rehabbed investment property last may and made a nice profit of 30K thank you. I do however work with investors EVERY SINGLE DAY and give advice on structuring sales contracts, setting up HML loans, etc.... So if your point is to make me look as a if I am spouting about a subject in which I am not familiar you failed.

FdJake gives stock advice here which is where he is supposed to post.

FDJake has made his money already. Every month you hold the property in question your profit goes down. So while you can dream about the money you hope to make; he has already made his money and is using it to make more money. I am quite sure if we add up all of Jakes money made from that one deal as well as on the deals he had had since then from the profit it will be a nice tidy sum.

When Jake and I had a beef a few weeks back I did some very thorough digging on him and what I discovered is he is investing in Cars, and Vintage Guitars, and Stocks, and Real Estate so I am quite sure that he knows what he is talking about.

You on the other hand spend countless hours baiting people with your rhetoric and then nit-picking when they don't give you the EXACT answer you were looking for. Now who is childish? As I have said before arguing with you is like teaching a pig to dance. It never works and it just annoys the pig.
Im Josh Azbell and im 20.  Add me on facebook :)  Im from Indiana.  I am going to be a Real Estate investor.

PositiveOutlook

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:56 pm »
FDJake...

"He did NOTHING about slavery while President."

Again, you are incorrect and painting with your "broad strokes"... from my previous post - "He did not advocate the abolition of slavery while in office, but did sign legislation enforcing the prohibition of slavery in the Northwest Territory"

"What they DO, shows us how they REALLY lived their lives"

Which is why I did not just talk about real estate, I put my money where my mouth was an invested... how I proceed is my business...  It just so happens that in addition to the reasons I already provided, my son just got his learners permit, and wants to buy a car next year on his birthday, so he will be working with me this summer on finishing the project, so he can earn money for his car...   so again, I have personal reasons that you know nothing of, but are more than willing to criticize for...  Your opinion on how long I choose to work on this property has no effect on me personally, but it BORES everyone else, because just like your self-congratulation and insults, you do it ALL THE TIME...    :banghead

"made a nice profit of 30K thank you"

Christopher - GREAT!  Congratulations on your $30K!  How long did it take you?  I was not trying to make you "look as a if I am spouting about a subject in which I am not familiar you failed"...  I can read, and I know you are in mortgages and participate in Financing, Hard Money forum...

So there was no failure, as it was just an assumption on your part...  but you should know that according to FDJake's standards, you are not an investor...   :rolleyes

Offline christopher w

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 02:04:25 pm »
I don't think I am better than anyone. That is what makes me the person I am and why I am so good at my job because I don't judge people. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt no matter how screwed up their belief system might be.

On the other hand you and all your right wing cronies on this board feel the need to bash everything that does not fit into the little black and white box in which you live.

For example... Gun control. I am all for the right to bear arms, but c'mon does anyone really need to own an assault rifle for personal protection??? If you are in a situation where you need an assault rifle to protect yourself you are in serious trouble.

I do however think I am smarter than most people. My posts are not personal attacks all I am doing is pointing out the facts as I see them.

But that is what liberals do correct? 
Christopher W
C-214.923.5781

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines