Obama = Change ?

Ok what do the surveys say?

How much of an Impact will Obama have
on the housing Market in say his first 6
month’s is office?

Any takers on this topic?

Obama freezes White House pay, tightens lobbying rules

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) – President Barack Obama said Wednesday he’s freezing the salaries of senior White House staffers and tightening rules on lobbying. In some of his first actions as the 44th U.S. president, Obama said “families are tightening their belts, and so should Washington.” He said people who leave his administration won’t be able to lobby the White House while he is president. He also put in place a ban on gifts from lobbyists, among other orders. End of Story

Seems to be taking charge early and rightfully so.

Obama took office on the 21 and the stock market has been down 3 out of the 4 days. Looks like Wall Street is not too impressed.
donrock

You’re right. The markets just found out he was going to be president 4 days ago. It was a hell of a shock to me too.

I thought markets would be up just because he is popular and he ran his campaign focusing on fixing the economy.

If you are an investor especially buying properties for long term rentals it seems that you wouldn’t want him to have a ‘positive effect on the housing market’ as then there wouldn’t be the REO deals out there, etc. But what is good for the consumer is not always good for the investor. Most people are consumers , they view a house as shelter not strictly as an investment.

If you are making the same amount of money now as you did two years ago…you have much more buying power now for real estate ,stocks,etc.

Obviously those with money or those that know where to get it are going to profit. Things won’t be bad forever.

But I think he’s more on the right path versus Bush.

You want the economy to prosper regardless. You can have mounds of cash, but if no one else has cash then it is pretty hard to find a good ROI in dire times. There is money to be made in any market, and those that are truly smart enough to find it will always prosper, but it’s much easier to make money when everyone has money.

Here’s some Illonois Democratic change in action:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28894427?gt1-43001

How can Blago, in his own mind, connect the dots and think that’s OK?

Keith

Why is Obama requiring corporate executes to have a “internal luxury” committee to approve items like corporate jet travel, but he takes air force one to Williamsburg. WILLIAMSBURG? What is that an hour and a half drive? The trip wasn’t even long enough to eat a cheeseburger.

Well that’s a really big cheesburger or you’re a very slow eater! :biggrin

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess it is because he’s the commander-in-chief, and that some CEO of a bank is not. The country won’t go into utter chaos if someone assassinates a CEO, or said CEO gets into a deadly car accident. Oh, and if you’ve ever taken the trip from DC to Williamsburg, you would know how long it actually takes with traffic on I-95. That measly hour and a half drive can EASILY turn into a 5-6 hour ordeal.

Often a trip of that duration is done via a helo lift…but apprarently he can’t remember that he is 6’1" and the door opening is 5’11" and helo lifts make his head hurt.

Without traffic, it’s a 2 hour, 15 minute drive. If a President gets caught in traffic, it is excruciating for those around him - like when the elder Bush got caught in a tunnel between NJ and NYC.

And, as an aside, I can’t remember any CEOs having nucleur capabilities.

Keith