We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2021, 07:17:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2021, 07:17:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Post Your Stock and Option Trades Here!  (Read 86860 times)

Offline Rich_in_CT

Re: Post Your Stock and Option Trades Here!
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2009, 02:26:59 pm »
Status   Filled at $45.25
Symbol   FRT
Description   FEDERAL REALTY INVST TR SH BEN INT NEW
Action   Sell
Quantity   82 Shares
Route    UBS CAPITAL MARKETS L.P.
Order Type   Limit at $45.25
Time in Force   Day
Conditions   None
Trade Type   Cash
Market Session   Standard
Order Date   03/23/2009, 03:09:30 PM
Cancel Date   
Order Number   C23NVQLP

Offline Funder

« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:07 pm »
RookieNYC has offered, in my opinion, a generous insight into the life of a professional trader.  This is both inspiring and educational.
People come to this site with aspirations of being professional investors; real estate offers one option; Wall Street offers another.
I believe that real estate is much more forgiving of mistakes than Wall Street.
It is very helpful to see the selections, the timing, and the rationale of a professional Wall Street trader on this forum.
On behalf of all followers of this forum, thank you RookieNYC for sharing your insights.

Offline rookieNYC

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:17 am »
I believe that real estate is much more forgiving of mistakes than Wall Street.
It is very helpful to see the selections, the timing, and the rationale of a professional Wall Street trader on this forum.
On behalf of all followers of this forum, thank you RookieNYC for sharing your insights.

I agree %100...Real Estate is much more forgiving than Wall street,and probably much more lucrative over the longer term for the average person..I typically tell every person who asks me on this forum about trading to simply not do it..The reason why I share my information is to let others know that it's not luck..The stress that comes with the job outweighs any potential monetary gains IMHO..I have often been called over cautious at work and that extends into my personal and online life..Trading is fun if you have money to lose/gain but to dream of it one day being a lucrative steady income stream I firmly believe is misleading to the average person...There aren't many people in this world that make a steady income from trading,but there are alot of people who make it from Real Estate..Enjoy the banter but don't fall into the trading trap..This is stressfull work and I dont want anyone that follows my posts to ever think it's easy..It's not,and it will consume most of your free time and life with it..Nothing IMO is worth that..Go outside and enjoy life,sitting infront of screens all day is unhealthy for the body and mind...Plus I truly feel we are in unprecedented times for Real Estate opps..Anyway thank you for being appreciative of my posting..Thats a good feeling..

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2009, 09:40:54 am »
F - Filled at $2.80 on 03/24/09, 9:32 AM   
Action   Buy
Quantity   1,312
Avg Amount   $2.80
Order Date   03/24/09, 07:36 AM

Offline allagash

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2009, 09:49:46 am »
This is stressfull work and I dont want anyone that follows my posts to ever think it's easy..It's not,and it will consume most of your free time and life with it..Nothing IMO is worth that..Go outside and enjoy life,sitting infront of screens all day is unhealthy for the body and mind.

That's all good and fine....and I appreciate the frankness...nothing better than reality.

But when you know you're wired for it...you get down in the trenches.

Equities, commodites, currency, oil.

I can't think of a better place to be.

Hold a broader basket and cherry pick.

-Mike

Offline fdjake

« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2009, 10:33:26 am »
Rookie and I occasionally bang heads here... but... I have a TON of resepect for him.  In all honesty.... I couldn't do what he does.

Smart, smart guy....and 100% right in his advice.

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2009, 10:42:30 am »
Rookie and I occasionally bang heads here... but... I have a TON of resepect for him.  In all honesty.... I couldn't do what he does.

Smart, smart guy....and 100% right in his advice.

Never in a million years would I try to trade like Rookie does, I'd have a heart attack in about 10 mins.  I'd rather buy stuff that I can feel good about it being down for a few hours or days knowing it will come back at some point.  Living and dying by selling in at a very particular time is too much damn stress for me.

Offline NoTiceViCtor

« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:33 pm »
SOOOO... no more trades? :anon

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2009, 07:55:31 am »
I've been sitting tight on my Ford shares so you are correct, no trades.  I sold a few off to get some cash but only a small portion of my holdings. 

Offline fdjake

« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:27 am »
SOLD........20,000 shares of GOODYEAR at $10.22/share.

Purchased it on 11/17/08 for $5.44/share (check the post)

$95,600 Gross PROFIT!!!!!!!!

So Mike......now you don't have to worry about my Q loss.....It actually helps me tax wise.

For anyone interested.....Go back and re-read the theory behind this investment.  I covered it in detail.  It involved FALLING oil prices, falling steel prices and a glut of raw rubber around the world. 

Anyone seeing the price of tires falling by 50%???

No...me neither..

BUT....If the MATERIALS that are used to MAKE those tires ARE falling by those margins.....That means the tire business gets much more profitable!!!  It also doesn't hurt when people are KEEPING their cars longer too!!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:55:24 am by fdjake »

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2009, 08:41:46 am »
Uncle Jake, didn't you say something about buying me a new Ford Fusion hybrid?  Gotta keep those Ford sales up so we can both win right????? :beer

Offline phlemboy

« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2010, 07:57:45 pm »
I just liked this topic so much that I wanted to bring it back! Seriously, I've learned so much over the past year about stock investing/ trading and I've only scratched the surface. I also think its important to learn how to make money in different asset classes.. This would be good to see what types of trades done and the rationale. I'd like to see the losses instead of the gains because I've learned so much from my losses over the last year. What do you guys think? Anyone interested?
"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." --Dean Wermer

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines