Looking for Tips on Attracting Bird Dogs

Hey, Gang

I’m looking for tips on attracting some good birddogs. Right now I have two who send me some pretty decent deals that I turn around pretty quickly, but I would like to increase my volume. I met these two Gentlemen online and since then have yet to meet anyone who fits the bill. :banghead Just wanted to know if anyone out there had some other tips.

Thanks.

Try stating details, state, property type

Post a class on craigslist and put signs out in your market for trainees. Make sure you pay the property locators as promised and they will refer other bird dogs to you

How bout offering 5 or 10 grand for leads? That would get anyone’s interest. Craiglist is huge. On my website I have a page just for bird dogs. The address is in my signature.

Nate-WI

Most of the bird dogs you’ll get will have never held more than $1,000 in their hands at one time, so that would be excessive. It also puts you in the position of promising more than you can consistently deliver, seeing as to how you never know when the deals will actually close.

However, If you JUST WANT TO pay out that much, good luck! Hope you don’t run out of cash.

You have obviously missed the point. If I have to pay 5 grand to a birddog do you think its a 10K deal? NOOOOOOO. Get real. If I’m giving someone 5K I better have a smoking deal for them doing nothing. I want ALL the leads coming to me instead of you. If you offer 1K and I offer 5K who do you think is going to get the leads?

I’m not buying every single lead sent my way. You know that. The ones I buy are excellent deals.

Nate-WI

Dang what areas do you deal because if you are offering $5K for a excellent deal than I want in lol

I will take this advice and implement it. Thanks.

A wholesaler may make $5,000 - $10,000 but BirdDogs make $500 - $1,000 per deal.

I am located in SW MI. I would appreciate the time to find out your details of what you are looking for in properties.

I perfer to wholesale but occasionally a deal comes around that would fit this application better.

If others are out there looking for assistance I would enjoy hearing from you also.

I have been in the home restoration business for 14 years (fire, water, mold, lead, painting and repairs) etc. I know the caution signs of a home and the cost of repairs. With the hands on knowledge that I pocess I know I can help you in aquiring profitable properties.

I can also carry it a step further and do repairs or freshing up for you.

Let’s get together and work a win win for all of us.

I pay my bird dogs 2k per deal closed. I train them on how to find good deals
to keep them loyal I also have them sign a contract that they will only bird dog
for me. I feel it keeps them honest.
as for finding them, I’ve just posted on CL and it works just fine.
to date I’ve got 30 contracted bird dogs all from CL and referred by current
contracted bird dogs.

Post in craigslist in the real estate section and run ads in the paper. Also, you may find them at your local real estate investing club

I agree CL is a great way to find them. You will get responses that is for sure. I found the hard part is keeping them interested and sending you information that makes sense. So education is the most important thing I have found. I take time to educate them and show them ways to get started and feedback on all their leads. I send them all emails at least 2-3 times a week. I use motivational talk along with training. We all started somewhere along the line and some of the biggest hurdles for most was faith and help to keep us on track.