How to get access to MLS listing

Does anyone have any input to this subject? I know the traditional way is to go through an agent, but I was just wondering if there’s any way around that as I do not have an agent to this point. I have sent out several emails to agents requesting their services, but no replies. I mentioned I was in the business of wholesaling and inquired if they have any experience with assigning contracts. No responses! Please help!

When most agents hear the word “assignment” they tend to not be interested. Short sales, foreclosures, and most resales will not deal with an assigment - it’s just has too much potential for failure.

Agents only get paid if the transaction closes escrow. Why would they want to get involved if there is not a good chance of success?

There is an Internet based company called Zip Realty. Once a person registers with Zip they have access to MLS listings in most markets. You will be assigned an agent and this agent can do research, write offers, negotiate offers, etc. for you. Most of this can be done via e-mail. Zip gets a data dump from the local MLS’s about every four hours. A client cannot see the confidential remarks to agents (how to get into the house and other comments relating to offers, etc.) but they can see almost everything else - address, time on market, etc. If you require more information, send me an e-mail.

Lang - if you are serious about getting a realtor I suggest you call them. Don’t send an email. If it is not important for you to bother to call, then they probably feel you are only fishing. In short - pick up the phone and call them. See what happens.

Good luck!

You don’t need to tell a realtor that you are intending on wholesaling. Most realtors don’t have any concept of wholesaling, and when people don’t understand something they tend to shy away from it for fear of looking stupid.

Good luck!

access to mls is most often through a Realtor, directly or indirectly through broker’s website, Realtors in most areas “own” the mls with their membership to an Association of Realtors. A Realtor not responding to you is not jumping into a situation whereby their services are used but uncompensated. I read so often about bird dogs and wholesalers wanting to make sure they are not “cut out of a deal” and yet they will blind side a Realtor with use of services and no compensation offer. Realtors are not on salary, they rely on the generation of transactions for their income. A good Realtor would also never enter into a agency relationship where they cannot represent their client at a competent level, i.e. wholesaling, if they are unfamiliar with the method of this transaction.