Bathtub Refinishing VS complete Reworking

I have a bathroom where the tub is made of steel , the house was built in the mid 80s .
Due to dripping over the years the portion just below the spout has rusted to a point where it can be safely called disgusting.

I read the re glazing thread and it stops at epoxy paint.

The problem statement here is that i have a great quote from a contractor for redoing the entire bath and another for just refinishing the tub.
If I go ahead with the re install of the bathtub, the tiles need to be pulled out, then put back in, probably a full 2-5 rows might be removed, tub removed disposed of, there is a high chance that the contractor will be telling me this or that is wrong and having me replace more, possible changes to the drainage - very worrisome.
The above can potentially propel the cost beyond his initial quote.

The refinishing doesn’t really require anything extra.

But if I were to sell the property then the fact that ive ‘replaced’ tubs etc adds value, correct? I can claim it as an improvement on the property whereby increasing value.

What are you guys’ thoughts?
Much appreciated.

Bath Fitter.

Just have the tub reglazed. NO ONE is going to pay MORE for a home because the tub is new compared to a tub that LOOKS new. If you went into a home that had a pristine tub in it would you pay more for the same house if that tub was new??? You wouldn’t and neither will other potential buyers.

Did you know that all that wall tile can be glazed too? I have this done in every house I buy that was built in the 1950’s. Pink and black wall tile becomes tan. Yellow floor tiles become white, green tubs become white ones. An entire bathroom, in two colors usually runs me $1200.

A couple of tips first…makes sure you POLISH the mixing valve, drain, and spout on the tub BEFORE they paint. They mask off the value, spout and drain. If you get them looking nice and shiny BEFORE paint you won’t have to mess with them after.
A new toilet, and sink, and your done. All for about $1400 and one day of work on your part.

CAN NOT Beat the bang for the buck with reglazing. Just remember…this stuff will not look as good a few months from now with regular use. Also be very careful with CLEANERS. You can ruin a glazing job with the wrong cleaner. This is a PERFECT solution for a flip home. It will look NEW the entire time the house is on the market. You save time and MONEY!!