We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2021, 07:49:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2021, 07:49:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Ford increases Focus production by 30% to meet demand...IT'S STARTING..BOY'S!!!  (Read 84169 times)

Offline Rich_in_CT

How many normal people that aren't professional traders can really day trade properly?  If it was super easy everyone would be rich.  Plus the bulk of us can't sit in front of our computers looking for small trends to buy and sell a few hours later on.  Sure we can setup automatic execution of trades with limits but what happens if you buy XYZ at $5, set a trade to dump it at $6 and it plummets to $2 while you are busy with your job, family, etc.  

Making a trade based on how Ford has done over time, historically what has happened after previous recessions, the fact that they have a bunch of good cars coming out, the quality of the current CEO, etc is what makes this stock look appealing.  It's a common sense trade...not a watching the ticker for a blip one way or the other trying to guess the direction for 2 hrs.  Ford is a no-brainer, providing the company doesn't go out of business there is no way this stock won't go from its current level of ~$2 to $4.  And that is me being conservative, I think it will be much more.  Point I'm trying to make is even with a conservative figure its 100% up in a short time frame.  If that money was parked in a mutual fund would it do that well?  Hell no, especially if the fund is stupid and invests in Madoff/Standford type schemes.  And you can't tell me that didn't happen....a lot.

Offline Rich_in_CT

Some good reading about debt restructuring:  http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1883276,00.html

I think with a little bit of restructuring and a helping hand from Uncle Sam they will get through this just fine and come out on the other side stronger than ever.

Offline REI_Chris

How many normal people that aren't professional traders can really day trade properly?  If it was super easy everyone would be rich.  Plus the bulk of us can't sit in front of our computers looking for small trends to buy and sell a few hours later on.  Sure we can setup automatic execution of trades with limits but what happens if you buy XYZ at $5, set a trade to dump it at $6 and it plummets to $2 while you are busy with your job, family, etc.  

Making a trade based on how Ford has done over time, historically what has happened after previous recessions, the fact that they have a bunch of good cars coming out, the quality of the current CEO, etc is what makes this stock look appealing.  It's a common sense trade...not a watching the ticker for a blip one way or the other trying to guess the direction for 2 hrs.  Ford is a no-brainer, providing the company doesn't go out of business there is no way this stock won't go from its current level of ~$2 to $4.  And that is me being conservative, I think it will be much more.  Point I'm trying to make is even with a conservative figure its 100% up in a short time frame.  If that money was parked in a mutual fund would it do that well?  Hell no, especially if the fund is stupid and invests in Madoff/Standford type schemes.  And you can't tell me that didn't happen....a lot.

What's your idea of a 'short' time frame? Time is money as you are well aware. There are PLENTY better companies out there that WON'T go bankrupt to get long with. I'm not saying the risk/ reward isn't worth it, but it certainly isn't a no-brainer and certainly isn't a guarantee by any stretch.

Offline Rich_in_CT

Jake, Rookie.......enough. 

If it isn't specifically relating to investing in Ford please leave it at the door.  The smack talk and name calling is really getting old and does not teach anyone anything.  Anything that has to be read to get to the real info is a waste of time.

Offline Rich_in_CT

This car is going to bring about the Ford revolution in the US:  http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta/

Good news for Ford in the quest to reduce debt:  http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200903230951DOWJONESDJONLINE000304_FORTUNE5.htm

Offline Rich_in_CT

I'm down on F so far but hanging in there.

Offline fdjake

11/17/2008........Goodyear...........20,000 shares purchased at $5.44/share!!!

You missed this one GENIUS.

GOODYEAR TODAY...................$9.80

Like I said.....

Stick with MORTGAGES........It's a LOT easier.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines