We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2021, 10:19:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2021, 10:19:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Ford increases Focus production by 30% to meet demand...IT'S STARTING..BOY'S!!!  (Read 83222 times)

Offline justin0419

Fords quality has moved up so much that the company SAVED $2 BILLION last year in warranty costs.
Yeah, part of that $2 Billion was saved by them not fixing my truck under warranty.  Did you realize that Ford trucks only come with a 2 yr 10 month / 36K mile warranty?  No??  Neither did I.  The idiots at the dealership refused to fix a large list of problems by making tons of excuses.  Oh, and calls to Ford customer care???  Yeah, got me nowhere.  I even got asked why I was just bringing it in at the end of the warranty period for work.  My being out of the country for a few months serving our country was my reason. 
Had to get that off my chest when I saw something about their quality and saving warranty costs...
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

Offline fdjake

Sorry to hear that.  What kind of problems do you have with you truck???

Just to inform you.......Toyota which is considered the gold standard for reliability just decided to settle a class action lawsuit brought by THOUSANDS of owners whose ENGINES DIED AT 60,000 MILES!!!
Those engines SLUDGED, then seized.  COST TO FIX?????

$10,000 per engine and TOYOTA COVERED NONE OF THEM.

The owners fought back and finally won in court.  The terms of the settlement REQUIRE Toyota to cover their 4 and 6 cylinder engines to 100,000 miles.

They didn't do this out of the goodness of thier hearts.....They did it because they were FORCED TO.  Due to this and other quality issues of late CONSUMER REPORTS will no longer issue Toyota automatic preferred status on their cars.

Ford meanwhile, according to CONSUMER REPORTS, has quality which actually SURPASSES Toyota.

Let me know what's wrong with your truck.  I may be able to get you some assitance.

Offline justin0419

This is on a 2005 F250 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel.  This was my "dream truck" and the first new vehicle I've ever bought.  I lost reverse in it at around 20K miles.  I actually got that one fixed.  When I went in toward the end of the warranty, the truck had an oil leak from some line on the back side of the engine (they fixed that one, but none of the other things), the ABS light was coming on, the integrated trailer brake controller would quit intermittently, and in large parts of the roof there were thin spots in the paint from the factory that started rusting.  The rust they blamed on "environmental issues" because that's a clause in the warranty.  The ABS and trailer controller they claimed they couldn't find a problem with.  I'd been in to complain about the trailer controller before with no results.  I had to take my truck from my worthless local Ford dealer to another one about 20 miles away because the a-hole service manager decided not to fix any of these things.  The only thing I got fixed at the other place was the oil line leak.  I even asked Ford corporate reps why they thought a service manager w/ no auto body experience was qualified to quote a reason for a rust problem on a <3 yr old truck.  They just said they were standing with him and refusing service just like they did on everything else.  I have an extended warranty on the truck, but it has a $100 deductible so I haven't tried using it yet since I don't want to pay them to look at it only to refuse the service.  Do I hate the truck so much that I want to get rid of it?  No, but I wish they would stand behind their product and fix problems they're supposed to fix. 
My former local Ford dealership has since closed down. 
I can only hope the service manager is flipping burgers somewhere refusing to put ketchup on the burgers...

Offline Rich_in_CT

What part of the country are you in?  If you are in the northeast I can recommend a really good Ford dealer that might go to bat for you and help you get it rectified.

Offline justin0419

I was in WA state when all this happened.  Now I'm in MS.  I was gone most of last year so it's a year out of factory warranty now.  I grew up behind a Chevy dealership so I'm very familiar with how dealers hate warranty work.  Plain and simple, they weaseled out of it.  I just saw the comments about the quality and warranty and thought I'd share my experience.  This is probably the last new car/truck I'll buy and I really doubt I'll get a Ford again.  I've been really disappointed with the quality considering what the truck cost brand new. 
Ford has a pretty good market share overseas and I agree with a lot of stuff posted here, but I wish they would've stood behind their product better. 

Offline rookieNYC

Found On Road Dead....I could care less how much supposed value is in Fords stock...The company,the business model and the cars are still pieces of sh*t in my opinion...Buying American cars is still the single worst investment one can make...Total garbage...

Offline fdjake

That's a shame.

It would have cost your dealer  about $200 to repaint the roof and maybe the hood on that truck. (their cost)  

As far as the oil line leaking, I think that's a fairly minor issue and it did get fixed.

ABS light on in a vehicle 3 to 4 years old is very common. (ABS sensors are about $100 and about 10 minutes to install)  

The trailer brake controller is usually just a small electric ABS unit that modulates your trailers brakes.

I've got to say.....They fixed the transmission for you, they fixed the oil leak for you, the ABS light is really no different than needing brakes.  The sensors get cruddy up with everything that your truck druives through.

The reason Ford and GM offer shorter warranties on COMMERCIAL trucks is they take a beating.  They're purchased for heavy use.  

The paint issue is completely unacceptable.  If i were you I'd call your local TV consumer reporter.  Go down there in your military uniform and  explain that you were away serving your country and just tell them your story.  My guess is some local Ford dealer is going to step up to fix your problems just for the free press.

Offline fdjake

Thanks for that valuable insight!!!!

Buying a car ISN'T an INVESTMENT....It's called a PURCHASE.

You know what they say about opinions.......

Here's some FACTS

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/02/warranty-costs-show-signs-of-fords-improved-quality.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:04:41 am by fdjake »

Offline propertymanager

I agree that Ford service SUCKS!!!  I recently had a coolant leak that was coming from the general area of the water pump.  I don't have the equipment to pressure test the cooling system, so I took it to my Ford dealer.  It turned out that the leak was coming from a v-shaped pipe just above the water pump.   It took them a couple of days to get the part in, so I took took the truck and drove it for the next couple of days, so that I could continue to work on my rentals.  Those few days were very warm for January here in Ohio, so I added water to the radiator as it leaked off. 

When the part arrived, I took the truck back to the dealership to have it installed.  I told them that the radiator had WATER in it and they needed to be sure to fill it with antifreeze.  They assured me that they would.  A few hours later, I got the truck back and everything seemed fine.  Being a very cynical landlord and not trusting anyone, when I arrived home for the day, I thought I better check the coolant to be sure that they correctly filled the radiator with antifreeze.  THEY HAD NOT!  The idiots only put in enough coolant to bring the coolant protection to + 15 degrees.  If I had been a typical consumer and not double checked the idiot's work, I would have had a broken block within a week, when the temperature got down to zero!!!

I called and talked to the service manager about the issue (thinking that he might want to know that his mechanics were incompetent).  His response was that I didn't pay $125 for a coolant "flush and fill".  I told him that I didn't want a flush and fill, I just expected that the mechanics would properly service the radiator after a $400 replacement of a part that should have cost $10!!!  At any rate, I was very disappointed in their service.   If I would not have checked the coolant myself, I would now have an engine that would have been ruined by the idiots at Ford!

Mike
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline fdjake

Taking you car to a DEALER for service is a JOKE.  Does anyone NOT know this????

If it's under warranty you have to, but if it's a non warranty repair....YOU NEVER take you car to a new car dealer for service. 

There's no excuse for that Mike.....That definitley could have smoked your motor.  Now you know....

NO DEALER SERVICE UNLESS UNDER FULL WARRANTY!!!!!

A kid right out of trade school could have replaced that y-pipe for you for HALF what the dealer charged.

Here's another tip......Go down to your local Ford dealer and any after market parts store an open a COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT.....All you need is a business name and federal tax number.  That's the best reason to name your business something ambiguous like "Allied Enterprises"  You could be in ANY line of work with that name.  Need plumbing supplies????  Allied Enterprises.....Need parts for your boat??? Allied Enterprises.....Business rates for hotels...Allied Enterprises.... You'll get your car parts at wholesale, then you can have the trade shop kid install it for dirt...Sounds like he couldn't do any worse.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:00:26 am by fdjake »

Offline Rich_in_CT

Man, you guys have some terrible Ford dealers in your area.  Of course bad dealers are not brand specific, they are out there in all flavors.  I've owned a few Fords, neither were under warranty at all when I bought them used.  But because of the EXCELLENT service at my local Ford dealer I opted to take my Explorers there.  They never beat me on cost and they were FAST.  Plus open 6 days a week 7am-9pm was nice.  One of my trucks had the rear main seal leaking and it was dumping tranny fluid everywhere.  I was foolish and kept topping off the fluid and driving it for a week  or so and toasted the torque converter too.  Is that what its called on automatics or is that on standards?  Auto shop was many years ago.  Anyway, long story short I dropped it off at 8:45pm one night and was called to say it was done at 10am the next day.  How's that for service?  Had another issue with an aftermarket keyless entry system that was installed in my other one, they figured it out for me and gave me a free workaround to the problem to save me money and only charged me 1/2 hr labor for the time they spent figuring it out.  Another time my a/c compressor locked up and caught fire (I put it out with a few bottles of water I luckily had in the car with me).  Brought it there and asked if they could bypass the a/c unit with a shorter belt to save me the $400 of replacing the a/c unit and they did it for me to save me some money.  I've always been happy with them and almost regret buying a GM product as I can't use them for service anymore.  Of course my 2003 Grand Am has only needed work once so I can't complain.  Bought the car in 2004 with 29k miles on it, around 100k miles the fuel pump went.  Total cost to repair was about $500 for the part, $200 worth of labor plus taxes for a total of about $750.  It's at 157k and beyond normal maintenance that's the only work I've ever had to do on it.  Girlfriend needed a car back in Nov, dealership where we went had a 2004 Grand Am with 42k miles, you better believe I made her buy it.  I know I'll probably never have to worry about repairs on it.

Offline justin0419

Yeah, you're right Rich - it's a torque converter on the automatics.  You've got a clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearings, etc. on standards.  I think you're lucky to have any dealer service location do a work-around fix for you.  Most of the time they only fix things by the book.  I generally use smaller shops for things I can't do myself.  The only reason I bought an extended warranty for my truck is because I know from selling auto parts in the past just how expensive diesel parts are.  Just a water pump can run $750 for the part only. 
I had a '96 Grand Am GT w/ the 3.1L V-6.  It was a good engine, but the rest of the car seemed to fall apart around it.  I left the keys in it for 6 months when I was in flight school in Corpus Christi, TX just hoping someone would take it...  I ended up selling it at a really good price to a girl who really needed a car - so I guess it all worked out.

Offline phlemboy

It's a hard to find a good mechanic that you can trust. I was lucky enough to find an "old timer" that ran super clean shop and he treated you well at a good price. He retired and luckily he sold his business to a young guy with the same values and competency as him. My honda never needed any repairs but he's the only one who has ever touched my vehicles. My experience with dealers has ALWAYS been horrible. I can sum it up in 2 words EXPENSIVE INCOMPETENCE.
"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." --Dean Wermer

Offline rookieNYC

My honda never needed any repairs

Like I said earlier,buying the *right* car is an INVESTMENT...It saves you money buying right..Fords have been junk for decades and nothing has changed...Look at the stock price..

What I wonder is how many clueless people followed this thread and lost tons of $$$ on Ford stock..This pos stock is down %80 since this thread started and all I read is praise for this pos company...

Buy garbage and you get garbage..Better odds playing the horses than investing in this dead wood company..And for those who did invest through the BS hype this thread has created I feel sorry for you and your losses...

April 15,2008
You all know that I own a considerable amount of Ford stock.  I know...Laugh all you want!!!!  I'm gonna laugh too............all the way to the bank in 2010!!!

Stock price at this point was $7.50 a share....Closed down %6 today at $1.88....POS totally...Ford would have to pull a %300 gain to just get even at $7.50 a share again..I wouldn't count on 2010...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:27:11 pm by rookieNYC »

Offline fdjake

Almost as good as YOU telling us how EASY investing in Real Estate was for you.

Anyone remember Rookies EASY MONEY posts from a year ago on his long distance residential properties.....How things have changed....

Now all we hear is you CRYING about your water bill, taxes, tenants, property managers, ect.  A little TOUGHER than you thought, huh???
Hey, look at the bright side.....You bought these POS properties in 2007 & 2008....They be a nice TAX DEDUCTION for you by the time you bailout and take your loses.

Guess the "Pro trader"  should have stuck with his REAL JOB..

Hey,  tell me one thing.....

How does a "pro trader" COMPLETELY MISS the BIGGEST DOWN TURN IN STOCK MARKET HISTORY????

Nice to see your still LONG.....good luck with that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:44:34 pm by fdjake »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines