We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 01:41:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 01:41:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: types of heating for apartments  (Read 21657 times)

Offline EmeraldTaylor

• Apartment Rentals
Re: types of heating for apartments
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 09:34:12 am »
I had a friend who has floor heating and it's wonderful but it's rare in Shanghai. If I ever buy a place here I will get floor heating installed but I think you have to do it while you are doing the renovations you can't easily retro fit it.

Offline Dave Reynolds

• Long Island Appraisers
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:37 am »
When looking at apartment buildings as an investment it is important to understand how the expenses will be shared. Some apartment buildings require that the tenants pay for their own heat where as others include the heat in the cost of rent or split the total cost of heating by the number of tenants in the building. If you are responsible for heating the common areas you must determine the best way to accomplish this while keeping your expenses under control. The best way to control heating costs is to somehow share the heating expenses with the tenants.

Offline DaveVelasco

• AgentCampus
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 05:08:59 am »
The cheapest way to heat an apartment building is to have the tenants pay their own heat.  Then, it doesn't cost the landlord even a penny!  This is the ONLY way that I buy apartment buildings - individually metered for gas and electric.

Well I do this too. At least the landlord does have to bother taking a penny for the heating on the apartments. I usually get my own heating needs then.

Offline timtim2008

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:04 am »
You can get an 8' long unit for about $60 or so.  So if one of those goes out, it's a lot less painful than a big central unit. 

where at?
is this the homedepot space heaters?

Offline justin0419

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 11:54:40 am »
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines