garnishing wages on eviction..Any success??

Anyone ever successful in garnishing wages to pay for damages on an eviction? If so, how hard was it and the process. Specially if done in Florida?

andrew

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that. It sounds like it would be expensive and time consuming. Interesting idea if it can be done cheaply.

You need a judgment first. Then, it’s a question of the stability of the tenant’s job.

Wage garnishment is 100% legal but I think it can be tough. I have the judgement since they were evicted. It was fun tossing the 32in TV down 2 flights of stairs, or I mean it slipped from my hands.

Just like to see if anyone went thru it. The tenant is a realtor, so I maybe able to garnish when commissions are paid.

It was fun tossing the 32in TV down 2 flights of stairs, or I mean it slipped from my hands.

That happens to me also. I guess that’s why I’m in the rental property business instead of the moving business.

I have gotten judgements against tenants, but have never collected anything. One guy had a good job as a mechanic at a major car dealer in the area. As soon as we garnished his wages, he quit his job and moved elsewhere.

I have friends in the REIA who have gotten their judgements paid years down the road when a tenant finally got their act together and wanted to buy a house.

Mike

This is probably your best bet, as they won’t ever be buying a house with that unpaid judgement on their credit.