We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2022, 12:02:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2022, 12:02:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: How Would I get Paid for this?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline PamJM

How Would I get Paid for this?
« on: February 27, 2008, 05:53:50 pm »
I have an investor acquaintance whose father wants to sell 3 local Bed and Breakfasts.  He said that if I find a buyer they would pay me a fee.  How would I do this, legally?  I am not a realtor, so I don't want to do anything wrong.  I was thinking of getting it under contract, like a wholesaler, but the SELLER would be paying me, not the BUYER....help....

Offline Deal Hunter

• Real Estate Deal Hunters
Re: How Would I get Paid for this?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:56:50 pm »
Anyone buying, selling or brokering real estate can pay a "referral fee" or "finder's fee" to a non-licensed person.  You'd have to check with the laws of your State as there is probably a maximum amount - usually a flat fee that is not a percentage of the purchase price.
The Short Sale & Foreclosure Expert
http://RealEstateDealHunters.com

Offline artyman1200

Re: How Would I get Paid for this?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:49:21 am »
How do you plan on selling the B&Bs?  Do you have the experience to sell that type of property?  You might want to do a google search of brokers that specialize in that type of property.  You could work out some kind of referral fee with them...
Don't assume anything or trust anyone in real estate.  Protect yourself and get everything in writing.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines