We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2021, 07:48:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2021, 07:48:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Crackhead had a gun out for us today  (Read 23571 times)

Offline smashmouth

Re: Crackhead had a gun out for us today
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:51 am »

[/quote]

I'll stick by my original post.  What good is the "greater return" when you are six feet under.  It may not matter to you , but for me, my life  and safety are worth far more than any return.
 A quality property in a good neighborhood is priceless.
[/quote]

and that is fine...you do not feel comfortable investing that way. I, on the other hand, feel very comfortable carrying a gun and participating in hand-to-hand combat if need be. I feel my chances of getting killed by a druggie is the same as you getting run over by a car crossing your nice street.

My point is that you're chastising people for investing in bad neighborhoods.  You do your thing, and that is fine. But don't throw insults such as "something is seriously wrong with your investment strategy" because you don't agree with it. That is absurd.  A simple "I would never invest in a bad area because the risk out-weighs the rewards" would do just fine.

Offline rontayan

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 03:01:55 pm »
I can agree with that. Me being from Detroit,  I get this stuff all the time.

Yes I do feel my chances of a hand to hand combat might be a tad higher, but I got the skills to pay the bills in that department.

The day I ever get into a fight? not likely.

Only time I've been in a fight in Detroit was in Middle school.

Besides is Honorable for a man to invest in downturn areas and help bring some good comps, and pride of ownership tot he area.

I salute you sir.  >Fires hand gun into he air< LOL!

Offline John_in_NC

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 10:02:05 am »
Well we just finished up this house. I figured out a way to scare off the crackheads. Last night (saturday) they were all in the streets roaming around. I took out the dishwasher that I wasn't going to maintain, plywood over the hole, took it out in the street and beat the hell out of it with a 2 by 4 screaming at the top of my lungs. And just to drive the point home that I am crazy don't screw with me, I called my wife to bring our sombrero over, put it on and tore it up some more. I got looks sorta like this,  :shocked

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 02:08:57 pm »
I took out the dishwasher that I wasn't going to maintain, plywood over the hole, took it out in the street and beat the hell out of it with a 2 by 4 screaming at the top of my lungs. And just to drive the point home that I am crazy don't screw with me, I called my wife to bring our sombrero over, put it on and tore it up some more. I got looks sorta like this

Very interesting approach  -  I LIKE IT!

Mike
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline John_in_NC

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 05:38:52 pm »
My wife took video on our digital camera. It's sorta bad but if anyone is interested in seeing it I'll try to figure out how to get it uploaded on here.

Offline Architecturefan

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »
Ah Yes....

The old "Beat the dishwasher to pieces in the middle of the street shouting at the top of your lungs wearing a sombrero" technique.....I haven't seen this being taught in seminars, but you may be on to something....lol

Videotape please.....I can't speak for everyone but personally I would enjoy watching this......

Offline REI_Chris

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:50 am »
I love it!
You can also invest into a nice Pitbull or Rottweiler! Personally, I would choose the Rotty over the Pitbull. I have a Pitbull, and he wouldn't harm a flea.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:51:52 am by REI_Chris »

Offline JaredfromIndiana

• Your on stop site for all your real estate needs...
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2008, 08:06:53 am »
I would LOVE to see a video of this!!

Offline aak5454

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »
put it on YouTube and post a link here

no matter how much crack, weed, etc, the human brain seem to have a built instinct to stay away from people who appear to out of their mind.....

Offline Prncssmn7

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 03:49:39 pm »
Your ways of describing people by their race and/or skin color is going to get you in more trouble than anything else. You could have told the story without bringing up anyone's skin color or race and nothing would have been lost. Crackheads come in all colors as do those wielding guns.

I am from New Jersey (although I have lived the last almost 8 years in CA, I have no reason to lie). Living in CA doesn't make you an idiot (although Paris Hilton could make a HUGE case for that being untrue).  The bottom line is if the people involved were white you would NOT have mentioned it.

Offline stripey

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 02:14:41 am »
If we're going to bump threads from February with irrelevant commentary (see above post), then I'd like to throw in my fair share --

I still really want to see that video mentioned above!

- A white guy in San Fransisco.

Offline Liquidity

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 09:46:39 am »
Your ways of describing people by their race and/or skin color is going to get you in more trouble than anything else. You could have told the story without bringing up anyone's skin color or race and nothing would have been lost. Crackheads come in all colors as do those wielding guns.

I am from New Jersey (although I have lived the last almost 8 years in CA, I have no reason to lie). Living in CA doesn't make you an idiot (although Paris Hilton could make a HUGE case for that being untrue).  The bottom line is if the people involved were white you would NOT have mentioned it.

Oh please he was telling us what happened. if it were a big white crack head im sure he would have said so it paints the picture of what happened in the readers mind.

I too would love too see the sombrero wearing lunatic beating a dishwasher in the street video ( thats entertainment !!) LOL

Offline Prncssmn7

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 12:48:58 pm »
If we're going to bump threads from February with irrelevant commentary (see above post), then I'd like to throw in my fair share --

I still really want to see that video mentioned above!

It's San Francisco...lol

Maybe we can get some more comments from vets on how to handle things like this? I think it's admirable (and profitable) for investors to go into beaten up areas. There is some risk, of course.

Has anyone taken a video camera with them to the jobsite? I have my camera with me to take pics of properties and it takes video as well. I think that is a bit of a deterrent. None of the nefarious crackheads/drug dealers/etc. want their faces on camera.  Also for insurance to show that when you left the site it was locked and how you left it (ie without broken windows, doors, etc). I read somewhere (not sure if it was here) about a guy who had a house broken into and the people who stole from him SOLD THE ITEMS THEY TOOK BACK TO HIM because his insurance refused to pay.  :shocked
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:13:22 pm by Prncssmn7 »

Offline stripey

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

It's San Francisco...lol

D'oh.. I could never spell Cincinncinancncinnatti correctly when I lived there either...

Offline critenour

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 11:13:53 am »
WOuld love to see the video!
CHris

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines