Wholesaling? Birdogging?

What is wholesaling and birdogging? I have a vague idea, but I don’t know how it’s done or how to get started. How do I make money doing that?

Use the search function, helps alot.

WHolesalilng is definetly NOT EQUAL to buying and selling a house for profit. That would be flipping

Wholesaling is finding great real estate deals, do all the due diligence to prove that it is a deal, get the property under contract attach a wholesale fee and then find a third part buyer to buy the deal from you. Ex you find a house that would be worth $100k if it was in perfect condition. It needs $10k in rehab. The seller just want to get rid of it so they give you a contract for $50k. So you sell it to an investor for 60k. They give you 10k the seller 50k. after paying you and rehabbing the property they have spent 70k but the house is now worth 100k.

Thats wholesaling.

A bird dog find the birds for the hunters points them out and then the hunter pulls the trigger and shoots the bird. The bird dog then gets a bisquit/ bone or something

A real estate bird dog finds the deals, points them out, and then an investor pulls the trigger on the deal. The bird dog then get thrown a bone in the form of $500 - $1500

there are a couple of definitions for wholesaling and none of them are right or wrong.

Some people refer to wholesaling as buying home and instead of rehabbing them to flip, you just resell them for a “Wholesale price” quickly

Other people refer to wholesaling as finding home for far less than what its worth and assigning the contract to another investor, or using a back to back closing.

Those are the two main things that people talk about when they refer to wholesaling.

For bird dogging you are paid by other investors for leads. Typically you are paid a flat fee for homes that the investor buys, but some bird dogs are paid on a per lead basis.

The main difference between the two is that with wholesaling you actually take control of the property through a contract, rather than simply giving the lead away for profi.t

And…in both cases (unless you hire a bird-dog yourself), you need to know what a “deal” is and how to find it…