We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 01:34:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 01:34:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: My eviction experience... thus far  (Read 19315 times)

Offline propertymanager

Re: My eviction experience... thus far
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 07:20:31 am »
Mikey buddy, relax, i love this forum but merely make the point, there are MANY different ways to achieve an objective, and whether you like it or not, sometimes you bite the bullet to save money and time.

First, my name is not "Mikey".
Second, I am not your buddy.  When you attack someone and insult them, they are not your buddy.

Third, I agree that there are many different ways to achieve an objective.  Your way is to pay people who steal from you.  My way is to evict deadbeats.  Your way is to treat tenants differently.  I treat all my tenants the same.  Your way is to be a weak landlord.  My way is to ensure that the lease terms are followed.

Why do you continue to insist on trying to make it like I was bashing the forum members here?

Here's your quote.  You be the judge. 

you know where I learned that from?  The TOP members of my local REI Club, guys worth big $$$$$$ and surely not hanging around forums. 

That doesn't seem to be said in jest.  Just a simple insult to everyone that posts here.

"Mikey"   :rolleyes

www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline DavidN

• Western New York Real Estate Investors Club
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 10:12:20 am »
Alrighty then chief.  :halo
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:34:20 pm by DavidN »

Offline bovine

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »
Update-

I called the tenants' lawyer this am and was told that the tenant had vacated the premiss had been vacated last week. I had asked the lawyer to call me when the keys were dropped off, of course she did not. I went over to my house to find a door kicked in and a severed water line in the basement. After wading through 4"-5" of water I found the main cutoff. The rest of the home was still in pretty good shape, no holes in the wall, paint looked good, floors a little gouged from her 300lb+ self in 'its' favorite chair.

Basement and door should be almost 2k. New/used appliances, carpet, light and pluming fixtures, window trim, and touch up paint will be around 2k-4k. Holding time has cost 4k+.

I now see completely and clearly why it is imperative to buy at a deep discount. With these factors and the slow market I hope to make 15k... and that's before taxes.

I go back to court in a couple of days to argue the money issue. I will win a judgement but who knows if I will ever see it. I still want it.

I will update later unless others are tired of this thread.

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 08:16:22 pm »
Bovine,

Keep posting.  Now that you've strung us along this far, we've got to see how this story ends!

I am also going to court - tomorrow morning.  The last scumbag that I evicted made a big mess and I'm suing them for $3,000.  Of course my management company did the work AND THEY AREN'T CHEAP!!!  What really made me mad was that they abandoned a baby kitten outside in freezing weather.  Luckily, it survived and I was able to find a good home for it, but these scumbags really pissed me off.  So, although I usually don't sue the deadbeats, I'm making an exception in this case.  I probably won't collect, but I'm going to do everything possible to make these scumbags miserable for as long as possible!

Mike
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline Salverston

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 01:43:22 pm »
Bovine - keep posting so we can hear how it all comes out.

I would just emphasize the lesson that is here for all investors.  Bovine started posting this in September about the property he bought in August.  It was over four months and $4k because of all the nonsense.  Yeah, lots of landlords can take care of an eviction, Bovine did to.  But it cost  $4k and who knows how many hours getting it done.

There are certain people you should get as part of your real estate team.  #1 is a good accountant, and #2 is a good RE attorney.  If you rehab or rent out then #3 is a good handyman/contractor.

You can do everything yourself, and when I started I did.  However to be truly successful you need to learn when to delegate important things that can best be handled by others.  If an attorney could have done the job in 6 weeks and $1,200 then it would have been a bargain in time and money, not to mention the grief you went through.  When you start it often makes sense to do a lot of the detail work yourself but very soon you are much better of paying someone else to do it.

Get out of the habit of being self reliant.  Get into the habit of letting good, smart people work for you.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines