We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2022, 03:45:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2022, 03:45:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Saftey tips for inspecting vacant property  (Read 13104 times)

Offline propertymanager

Re: Saftey tips for inspecting vacant property
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 08:54:28 am »
WHY in the world would anyone even remotely consider investing in a high crime area???. Is getting shot ,mugged , beaten or stabbed worth it?? What type of tenants do you think you would attract? Investing in seedy , high crime areas is just ASKING for trouble. IS this what you really want? I think it's pretty sad when you need to carry a gun to visit a property.

TARealty,

I agree that it is sad that it is necessary to carry a handgun.  However, that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of problems (especially drug problems) in the lower classes.  We specialize in taking over problem properties, a lot of which I buy from disgruntled landlords.  For example, I bought 4 buildings on one street.  The entire street had been terrorized by drug dealers in these buildings for at least 5 years.  I took over the properties and evicted all the drug dealers, drug addicts, vagrants, and losers.  It was somewhat dangerous.  The police were at the properties nearly every day for 5 weeks and I was threatened by drug dealers and convicted felons.  I went to the buildings every day and a lot of evenings and kept up the pressure, calling the police and drug task force and letting the neighbors know that I was involved.  The neighbors got involved and helped watch the properties.  They called the police and drug task force.  Many of the scumbags were arrested and went to jail. 

In the end, we turned the entire street around.  Today the street is a great place to live.  The neighborhood is quiet and the properties are profitable (I bought them DIRT CHEAP).  That is why I carry a handgun.  I never know when I might run into a druggie that I've made homeless.

Mike

www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline jparkx1

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 10:26:35 am »
how long did the process take?

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 05:01:33 pm »
5 weeks
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline jdproperties

• www.joannesreidealboard.webs.com
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 08:54:00 am »
OMG...if only you could see the look on my face reading these blogs...too funny. I'm from Canada not to say we don't have crime but wow I am ummm well kinda concerned. I am a newbie to REI. We would like to move to the US as it is a great time to make some money but I really don't wanna buy a gun...LOL I guess we'll keep the plan to rehab some properties until I can take some shooting lessons to prepare for our rentals. I've spent countless hours educating myself but sad to say JOJO never even held a gun.

a not so funny short story..

My only experience with any kind of gun was with a Nail GUN.

While helping my husband on a project one day...I pointed the nail gun at my husband and said"Let's play cops and robbers babe" never knew his eyes could pop out so far or that he could run so fast...LOL
Yes forever who's wondering...I am a blonde, so what!
Joanne joannesreidealboard.webs.com

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines