Voice mail or cell phone?

Should I use an inexpensive voice mail with notification with a recorded message or have my calls go directly to my cell phone when marketing for wholesaling?

How important is it to you to have some one answer the phone who has the answers on a property that you want to buy. How long do you want to wait before some one returns your call before you move on to something else.
This is the " I want it and I want it Now" society.
I personally answer all my calls , try to before the second ring.
Darin

Treat others as you would like to be treated. I personally hate answering to a machine. I don’t even like to leave a message. Most of the time I call back or don’t even bother. I just go to the next person.

Cell phone. People do not want to wait for you to call back and will just keep trying numbers until someone picks up the phone. Be the one to get those deals!

It depends on how many calls you’re getting and how valuable your time is to you.

I never answer calls from buyers they all go to a voicemail system or my website because there are just too many to talk to and most are tire-kickers, so the 2-step system weeds most of those out, and I call the ones who are interested enough to leave a message/send an email.

On the other hand with sellers I’m currently getting all of my deals by calling them. If I have to leave a message then I tell them to visit my website, or if they’re REALLY interested, to call on my cell phone.

Your cell phone should have voice mail. Have people call your cell phone and if you are in a state where you cannot accept calls, just shut the ringer off so it bounces to voice mail - and also leaves the phone number in your missed call log if your phone has that feature. And then check and call back as soon as possible if they left a message.

That way when you are with someone, you can devote your attention to that person. And then when you are done, just call back.

And if you hit a voice mail on the call back, just say “Hi this is so and so. You called 20 minutes ago about XYZ and I’m returning your call. Etc.”

This reminds then that they called you and the time bit shows that you are indeed responsive so they are more inclined to try again.

But if you are missing too many calls, you might consider finding a good live answering service that can follow a basic script to rope people into the net so they are responsive when you call back.

that’s an easy one

800# ->> voice mail to ask for free report; you then follow up - they’re probably motivated
-or wait and fall thru to fwding – >> your cell #

do you really want to field the initial call directly?