General Insurance Information

This topic is posted for the benefit of all forum members since most of us will insure property. :bigok

What insurance companies have you utilized? How were the rates? How was the service? What type of building did you insure?

Since insurance companies vary by region, please specify your specific area?

Country Insurance

Insure:
I insure NOO rental properties and a personal residence in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Rates:
Between $50-70 a month per property for 1-4 units, but it can be even a little cheaper. They combine the properties on one policy for the state you invest in. If you are like me and invest in two states then you would have two policies, or something like that. But the rates can be even cheaper when you have many properties in the same state.

Service:
The agent’s aren’t there to provide service, just sell. If you make a claim you have to call it in to a different number. So your agent is really only there to sell you more policies.

Have you ever filed a claim? How did that turn out?

I recently put a claim in for the first time. It’s one of those deals where a roofing company knocks on your door and tells you that you had hail damage on Aug 24, 2006 at 6:30 pm and that you can file a claim. My house is big so it would be expensive to replace the 14 year old roof, I figured I’d give it a shot. So I have to wait and see if the adjuster gives the thumbs up or down. I’ll let you know in a week.