We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 12:12:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 12:12:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: My first rehab, with pics  (Read 16558 times)

Offline JaredfromIndiana

• Your on stop site for all your real estate needs...
Re: My first rehab, with pics
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 05:01:42 pm »
Our last rehab I let my contractor pick out the faucet and he picked the exact same one!  I had him take it out and replace it with a nicer one.  I agree Rich that the faucet isn't a make or break, and maybe it is just the fact that I know what I am looking at.  But:  When my contractor replaced the old faucet with a higher quality one ($40-$50), it popped.   I have had quite a few comments about how nice it looks.  So the old faucet was $25-$30, the new one $40-$50, to me it's alot of little things like that that make or break a sale.  If somebody sees me going chincy on one thing they are going to look for it everywhere else. 

As far as this rehab goes it looks like you went the distance.  The house looks beautiful and I think you did an awesome job!  Keep it up and good luck selling this one!

Offline ElephantNest

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 07:38:40 pm »
Thanks a lot!  It's rented for now, they are moving in today, and tomorrow will be the first day of their one year lease. May sell in one or two years, may hold it for the long haul, not sure.
On my first rehab, a guy hammering on the roof called me a paranoid little weirdo. In morse code.

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 08:21:58 am »
Thanks a lot!  It's rented for now, they are moving in today, and tomorrow will be the first day of their one year lease. May sell in one or two years, may hold it for the long haul, not sure.
When you decide you can always offer your tenants an option to buy it.....

Offline lkocasio

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »
 :biggrin ELEPHANTNEST: THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT... SEEK & DESTROY or in your case SEEK & REPAIR LOL. No but seriously it looks GREAT. Perfect example of not being scared, you saw it for what it was,$$$$$$$$. Thats doing your do diligence, you looked past the carnage and went straight to the numbers. Excellent job (again) for your first rehabb Just hope my first one goes as well as yours did congrats. Hopefully not as much work :beer
TRYIN 2 MAKE A DOLLA OUTTA 15 CENTS.

Offline ElephantNest

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »
Thanks a lot. I'm so stoked. The new tenants spent their first night in there last night, and were very excited. I must admit, it was exciting for me as well.
On my first rehab, a guy hammering on the roof called me a paranoid little weirdo. In morse code.

Offline excitingname

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 01:49:42 am »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm very happy for you!

I can't wait until I can say the same! (successful first flip... and sell in my case)  Looks great! 

Offline Topaz

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 01:53:39 pm »
It looks terrific and I'm so glad that you took the time to post "Before" and "After" pictures - very inspiring!

Thanks for letting us share in your success...

Topaz

Offline big_sb

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »
Congratulations! You did an awesome job and the numbers look great. Thanks for sharing....very inspiring.

Offline tamahitter

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 09:06:59 am »
I think I would of lease optioned this one out. Collected about $3000-$5000 upfront option fee, and a monthly cash flow, let it appreciated  at least 2 years, whats your appreciation rate?? 5%, 2 years, $148,800. Tenant dont work out,,,just start it again. 148,800-85,000=$63,800!! and im guessin your appreciation rate is better then 5% huh? Gotta love real estate.  :bobble

Offline bikerpawpaw

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 12:10:20 am »
is this over in long beach by chance?  i live in biloxi and own gulf coast- homebuyers.

seems like i saw this house before.....

good job though, send some pics of the finished product...

Offline motivatedceo

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 05:19:24 pm »
I finally got around to reading this whole post. GOOD JOB. The house looks great!!!

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines