What State are you in? Hows the Rental market there?

I am always curious to find out how the rental markets are in other states, here in West Michigan it is a slow go right now. I have 32 units and counting and they are renting a bit slower than usual, though I cant complain.

One of the things that I do when the rental market is slow is to put out FOR RENT signs at all of my properties, even if they are rented, then I can just redirect people to vacant properties. It gives me alot more exposure to have signs out everywhere rather than in just one spot. I also will redirect tenants who I cant help, to other landlords for a small fee $50-$250.

Eric Medemar

The market here in Texas is slow but it is always slow from Thanksgiving through the end of the year. Nobody wants to move during the holidays (except the ones that just got evicted). During the 100 days of spring my properties rent in 2 weeks. Sales or so slow during that holiday period you can usually pick up a couple of really good deals. Starting in mid November I start making really low offers. So I buy and spend this slow period on rehabs. While I continue to aggrssively market the properties I am not really expecting to get them rented until January. Actually I have already started getting heavy responses to my ads from this holiday season.