We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2021, 11:53:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2021, 11:53:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Minimum cash flow on rentals  (Read 22252 times)

Offline morningnewsman

Re:Minimum cash flow on rentals
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 08:50:35 am »
Thanks DWJ.  I'm also in Dutchess.  You belong to Mid Hudson REIA?  

Offline dwj469

• My Daily Adventures In Rental Property Investing
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:58 am »
Hi no I dont belong to it. The reason being is because I never wanted to invest in the area because I have always thought that the housing prices have been overpriced and never saw any money in it without coming up with a lot Which I dont have. My goal is starting this with nothing and so far its working out well. I tried some creative stuff but the realtors had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and at the time houses were flying off the market at record pace so I went on a mission to find places that had properties that made sense for cash flow. If I had a lot of money then sure I would have gotten into it in the area because I would not have had to look elsewhere I would have just blindly put down 5 figures without thinking. Fortunately in a way its better I didnt have that kind of money to start because I am learning to invest with no money out of pocket. What part of dutchess do you live in? I live in pleasant valley.
My Daily Real Estate Investing Adventures
www.rei4u.blogspot.com

Offline morningnewsman

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 09:02:54 am »
I'm in Poughkeepsie.  Do you do rehabs?  Rentals mostly?

Offline dwj469

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 09:07:33 am »
I just got done with a rehab (a 2 unit) and it is fully rented out. Waiting for the rent checks from the property manager.I actually can do most of the work myself. Its a property total price including work done to it was 39k bought with hard money. It is rented for 1190 per month section 8 tenants. In the process of refinancing it right now to pay off hard money lender pull out some cash and still have a decent size cash flow after the fact. I will post the final numbers on my site after I know them. The bank is slow as molasses and always comes up with something else they want to see.
www.rei4u.blogspot.com

Offline morningnewsman

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 09:18:56 am »
That's great.  I find quite a few rehabs in Dutchess and Ulster...I then wholesale them to cash buyers who want to do the work and make the big profit.  Let me know if you want me to keep my eyes open for something that meets your specifications.

Offline dwj469

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 10:37:06 am »
What kind of properties do you usually find? Ballpark pricewise? How far below market?
www.rei4u.blogspot.com

Offline morningnewsman

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 12:29:46 pm »
The homes I get under contract usually need work - and after the work, there is still 30% spread left.  For example, I had one late last year that was worth about $280k fixed up.  I sold the contract for $121k cash, which included my assignment fee.  My buyer has lots of work to do, but there will still be a large spread.
Just referred another one last week.
The most important thing with these kind of homes is that when I sell the contract, my buyer must be a cash buyer.  

Offline propertymanager

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 05:54:16 pm »
Nice deal DWJ!  $39K for $1190 rent  -  NICE!

Mike
www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRichs.com 
This No-Hype, No-Nonsense Book is a step by step course in making money and building wealth with rental properties!  Everything from buying properties at a discount to dealing with terrible tenants.  Now In Paperback!

Offline dwj469

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 07:05:43 pm »
Thanks Mike I am hoping I can find a bunch more of those. I am working on it now. I just recently had to pass one up that only needed a minor clean up for 32k and rented for 1k per month. OUCH! Had to pass it up because I am waiting for a refi to go through on the property mentioned in this post I did for 39k. MOre will come I am sure. Hopefully by then I will be able to take advantage of it. :D
www.rei4u.blogspot.com

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines