Is Atlanta a good market to rehab in?

I’ve seen a few posts that make it seem like its a terrible market to rehab in. For those with experience doing rehabs or investors in the area, what do you all think?

Atlanta is a GREAT place to rehab in. But remember, what you pay for the property and where you buy the property will make or break the deal. Do your homework, thoroughly investigate the areas you are interested in, talk to current owners in that area, find out what new developments are taking place or going to take place. Also, find out what the average days’ on the market is and compare listing prices to selling prices in that area to see what discounts are being offered to buyers.

You need to know an area in and out BEFORE purchasing and not after because you cannot get a refund if you find out the area is the wrong place to buy.

Mike

Hi
I am new here and i was reading your posting. I am trying to find out good areas to invest in Atlanta.
Thanks

Anyone has a recent opinion about the Atlanta market?

I’m sure it’s the same as it was a few months back. Do your homework and find the areas that houses are moving quickly in and make sure you buy well below retail value. It’s a numbers game in any town at any time. Buy in an area people want to live in and buy cheap enough that you can fix it up, take a profit off the top and still sell below the rest of the market to ensure a quick sale. This formula works in ATL, Vermont, California, Texas, etc.