We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:13:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:13:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Disputing credit score  (Read 16233 times)

Offline sqlamzo

Re:Disputing credit score
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 05:45:55 am »
Well, I didn't mind paying a little money if it would increase my credit score. I did try disputing some stuff myself but without any success.
Are you saying you don't believe in these credit repair schemes?
If you have any suggestions, let me hear them / I just trying to improve my credit score to get better loan rate!!

Offline motomech10

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:16 am »
One option you might want to consider to bump your score is to be added as an authorized user to a existing “seasoned trade line”. Preferably a family or friend who can help. If not you can pay for them. There is a thread on this forum you can read about it. Unfortunately it is a topic some moderators of this board do not want people to discuss here any longer.

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=26;action=display;threadid=21784
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 09:52:28 am by motomech10 »

Offline DeeinAustin

• CopelandGroupRealty.com
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 11:03:36 am »
One option you might want to consider to bump your score is to be added as an authorized user to a existing “seasoned trade line”. Preferably a family or friend who can help. If not you can pay for them. There is a thread on this forum you can read about it. Unfortunately it is a topic some moderators of this board do not want people to discuss here any longer.

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=26;action=display;threadid=21784

Do good search on the site for "money merge accounts" and "seasoned credit lines". There's a couple threads already. The practice is in dispute. The posters who pitch them usually have less than 50 posts or brand new accounts, but offer no company name or information in their profiles so you can properly research who they are or who they work for.

We try to stay neutral, but it's annoying and strange that moderators inevitably get personal calls from the posters who try to "sell" us on these.  Only a salesperson would care enough to call every moderator repeatedy to convince us that these things work. As usual, caveat emptor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:11:43 am by DeeinAustin »
Principal Broker, Copeland Group Realty
Green Construction and Investments
http://www.MyClientsBuyLand.com
My Clients Buy Land...and Houses Too!

Offline motomech10

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 11:29:52 am »
"Do good search on these for the site because it's in dispute as to whether they work."

The people who say is it is an option have produced evidence that it does work and is completely legal.
As is stated in these links.  Which are totally independent of this forum and those who offer them.

http://www.experian.com/ask_max/max060105b.html

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/divorce.htm

Can anyone produce some evidence that they don’t work? So far we have overwhelming evidence they can help.  

The moderators of this forum, and eventually this forum itself will lose credibility if you can’t back up what you say.

Offline DeeinAustin

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 11:44:20 am »
There are disputes on the threads as to whether this route is the BEST option. That's all we're saying. You are one of the 3-5 people who keep posting about them. Our credibility (500+ posts) is in how we add value and provide advice in other threads.

The "seasoned credit line/money merge account" posters are
1) usually new accounts
AND/OR
2) only discuss them in 90-100% of their posts, but don't add any other value to any other threads.

If they'd just admit they're salespeople, that would make them look less suspicious. Instead they pretend to innocently ask for or give information, but get defensive or call moderators at work/home when the posters here are doubtful. Hmmmm.  

Anyway, this is getting off topic and we don't want to hijack the dicussion out of respect for the original poster. He's asking how to dispute his score and I was offering advice that he should research the advice given in this post. First, search the site. Then look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:56:09 am by DeeinAustin »

Offline motomech10

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 12:19:43 pm »
Let me begin by saying I am not someone who offers these and have nothing to gain by those looking to do it. And I promise, I won’t be calling you.

I am not looking to argue with anyone here. And I appreciate the information and knowledge I have gained by coming here.

I came here seeking information about something which was already being discussed.  Because I, and others I know, want to know if it is a legitimate way to bump scores. Everything I have read thus far supports the fact that they are legal and can help in most cases.

“There are disputes on the threads as to whether these work.”

Where are these disputes you speak of? I have read every post on this topic and have done a great deal of research beyond this site and have yet to find any solid, verifiable evidence that they are not legal or do not work.  

I am just a consumer seeking information about something which I have been told could help boost my score.

If you have solid, verifiable proof that they do not work or are not legal, please help me and others make the right decision by showing us your proof.

I WANT TO KNOW!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:31:54 pm by motomech10 »

Offline motomech10

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 12:27:17 pm »
"Anyway, this is getting off topic and we don't want to hijack the dicussion out of respect for the original poster. "

I agree. And we wouldn’t be discussing it here if

A. The original thread on the topic of seasoned trade lines was locked for further discussion.

B. Someone in this thread stated “just trying to improve my credit score to get better loan rate!! “ and I pointed to the thread about seasoned credit lines. To which you responded and it when from there.

Offline DeeinAustin

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 12:54:04 pm »
Thanks, drcpr, for the good info and advice.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:55:24 pm by DeeinAustin »

Offline JOHNNY Q

• http://www.therealestatevaultstore.com
Re: Disputing credit score
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 08:16:12 pm »
Just send over free forms.
John Quebedeaux-CEO-Quebedeaux Financial Investment Holding LLC
Residential, Commercial, Construction, Land Acquisitions, Lot Loans, Bridge Loan, Hard Money, Foreclosure Bailout & Short Sales.MTN, BG, SBLC etc...

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 01:35:41 pm »
Posted by: JOHNNY Q  Posted on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:12 PM 
Insert Quote 

Uh......o.k.?  What does that response have to do with anything that is being discussed?  Are you just trying to run up your post count?
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 01:38:21 pm »
Posted by: JOHNNY Q  Posted on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:12 PM 
Insert Quote 

Uh......o.k.?  What does that response have to do with anything that is being discussed?  Are you just trying to run up your post count?
He never makes any sense.  :anon

Offline REI4ROI

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 12:22:26 am »
Maybe he is trying to enhance his credibility... :biggrin

Are you just trying to run up your post count?
RE Investment Advisor
Weichert Realtors
[email protected]

Offline REI4ROI

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 12:32:24 am »
The three companies you mentioned are all credit repositories that distribute credit reports to the lending industry. 

The number of times these companies appear on your credit report equate to the number of lenders that previewed your credit report.  Did you shop for a mortgage with a number of lenders?  If you didn't, you might be a victim of circumstance, more specifically a trigger lead. 

Approx. 10% of your score is derived by the number of inquiries made on your credit report, so you have a right to be concerned, but I would not make any significant investment in trying to undo this (as this only has a temporary effect; should return to normal in 30-45 days [assuming you haven't added any more debt in this time]). 

The next time you work with somebody in the mortgage industry, ask them to assist you in "opting out". 

Regards,

Scott Miller

Last June we hooked up with a broker who ultimately did not do our loan...
long story
anyway I checked our credit report & there are requests from
CREDIT COMMUNICATIONS INC, FACUTAL DATA , & LANDSAFE CREDIT
all in a 3-4 week period & some were 3  times in a 4-5 day period!
I am in the process of trying to contact all of them & her (she was witn LoanEmporium I think) & find out wht in the heck there would be so many inquiries!? It has really screwed with our credit.

any hints or advice are welcome

any one ever used ovationlaw to straighten out credit?

tia
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:39:09 am by EZLoanz »
RE Investment Advisor
Weichert Realtors
[email protected]

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines