We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 11:42:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 11:42:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Complete Wholesaling Course (only 2 lines long)  (Read 21589 times)

Offline SpaceAce

Re:Complete Wholesaling Course (only 2 lines long)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 08:01:08 pm »
Eric,
How do you find your buyers? Especially since your a R.E. agent?
Doesn't that conflict with your brokers biz?

Offline Brandon Lambert

• The Hidden Treasures and Profits of Probate
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 10:19:14 am »
I love wholesaling properties because I buy it burned and I sell it burned.  If I can make 5K or more on a wholesale, I will NEVER rehab it.  I am basically lazy when it comes to manual labor so if I can make a substantial hit without swinging a hammer or managing somebody doing the swinging, I will.
Eliminate your competition!!
www.probaterealestatedeals.com

Offline REFLA

• Buymyhouseinahurry.com
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 03:40:28 pm »
How long have you been wholesaling RE? Where do you live/work?
Just curious, as I am a newbie at this. ;D

Offline Brandon Lambert

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 04:48:22 pm »
I have been wholesaling for four and a half years in Ft Worth, TX.

Offline REFLA

• Buymyhouseinahurry.com
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 07:34:10 pm »
That's great! How long did it take you to get started? I've been investing in rentals for quite awhile, and am getting ready to sell. I like the idea of the "un"-rehab properties when you wholesale. I've just started working with a broker who's doing short sales, so we'll see how it goes. I also could use the cash flow, as things are tight at the moment.

Offline Brandon Lambert

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 09:17:39 am »
It took me 6 months to get my first deals, but that was because I was looking in tradition places--newspaper, realtor, etc, etc.  When I discovered probate, however, things started picking up.  You can also find deals with guardians.  I have also gotten some deals off of sending letters to vacants and running an ad in the American Classifieds.  I like running ads there becuase there is less competition running ads there versus the regular paper.

Offline ericmedem

• Real Estate Wholesaling Guide
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 10:17:53 am »
Eric,
How do you find your buyers? Especially since your a R.E. agent?
Doesn't that conflict with your brokers biz?
It actually works out perfectly, prior to investing myself about 70% of my business was investment properties of one kind or another.  Then I got sick of making others rich, so I moved onto buying myself.  I do wholesale to some of my old clients, and some to new clients.  My old clients are happy because I can find them deals better than they would have found with any other realtor, plus I can carry financing for them until they finish with the rehab.

Eric Medemar
http://www.InvestorsPlayground.com Now FREE!  Just type in your email so I know where to send your FREE 1471 Page Investors "Holy-Grail".  (It's NOT $97 anymore)

Offline ericmedem

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 04:35:21 pm »
How long have you been wholesaling RE? Where do you live/work?
Just curious, as I am a newbie at this. ;D

I live in grand rapids, MI and have been selling real estate for the past 6 years, selling primarily investment properties for the past 4, investing in real estate for 4 years, and doing flips with clients for the past 4 years doing flips myself for the past 2 years and wholesaling around the same.

Eric Medemar
http://www.InvestorsPlayground.com Now FREE!  Just type in your email so I know where to send your FREE 1471 Page Investors "Holy-Grail".  (It's NOT $97 anymore)

Offline Angel2rise

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 01:41:56 pm »
I wanted to know how it would work to get help from realtors in locating property to wholesale? I want to know a typical scenario in how the realtor would get paid? I would get the Assignment fee upon assigning the contract to a rehabber, but curious to know how the realtor would get paid?
Please assist.

Offline Brandon Lambert

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 03:02:11 pm »
The realtor should get paid their standard 6% commission from the seller. (3% if they are splitting it between buyer's agent and seller's agent)

Offline ericmedem

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 08:42:53 am »
keep in mind you can also ask realtors if they have buyers that are looking for investments properties.  Offer the realtor a commission if they send you a buyer that you end up wholesaling a house to.

Eric Medemar

Offline ericmedem

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 08:31:51 am »
The realtor should get paid their standard 6% commission from the seller. (3% if they are splitting it between buyer's agent and seller's agent)

Even though I could take commission on my deals often times I will let the selling agent keep all of the commission if they bring a good deal to me, that seems to keep them motivated to bring me the great deals

Offline ericmedem

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 06:41:18 am »
I hope everyone has a prosperous 2007, and happy wholesaling

Offline ericmedem

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »
For a great way to find buyers check out my buyers post. If you can find buyers you have half of the wholesale game done

Eric Medemar

Offline xelkwonx

• Rent 2 Own Market
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 02:07:58 pm »
Well this would only be true if the realtor represents you as an agent. If they just help you locate the property, as in provide you with a list of houses from the MLS then there's no agreement that says they will get compensated for their work. At least that's how it worked when I was a sales agent. Note most realtors (if they're smart) wouldn't just offer free help, so you mayhave to pay some fee, unless you have a contact that you can work with and work out some type of fee agreement or compensation.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines