Need contract for subcontractor

Hello All,
Somewhere in the many boards that I read I found a contract between a General Contractor and subcontractor.
The subcontractor was signing a contract saying that they or anyone that worked for them would not sue/file judgement against the property or general contractor that they were working on under the General Contractor…anyone have a contract like that?
Thanks,
Dee-Texas

Usually you would get the sub to sign a form like that when he/she has been paid. To sign before hand that they will not file a lien would be cutting their own throat. I am posting a copy of one that I use that i got from some re book. It is just basic stuff. Hope it helps

Waiver Of Lien

Date January ___, 1994

Contractor/Supplier: ASA Plumbing
402 A West Taylor #131
Round Rock, Texas 78664

The above mentioned contractor and or supplier of materials acknowledges payment in full for any and all work done and or materials delivered to the property below. The contractor/supplier hereby promises they have not and will not file a materialmen’s and mechanics’ lien against the property below.

Property (including any improvements):

LOT 1 OLT 29 DIVISION B, BLACK MCKINLEY SUBDIVISION, a subdivision in Travis County, Texas, as recorded in Volume 42, page 24, Plat Records of Travis County, Texas. Locally known as 2924 East 12th Street.

ASA Plumbing

By: John Podolak, Owner

I had waiver of lien in BOLD and centered. These do not need to be recorded. Please call or post if I can help again. If you get a mechanics lien recorded against you then you would need a release of lien recorded. I have a form for that too if you need it.

Thank you,

Ted P. Stokely Jr
11505 Sw Oaks
Austin, Texas 78737

512-301-9171

Dee,
I’d suggest contacting Hal as I’m sure his contractor contract is pretty stout these days. Also, Ron Guy probably has a good one.

hope it helps…