We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2022, 10:30:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2022, 10:30:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Who has a true sibling/spousal "partner"?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline MissThing

Re: Who has a true sibling/spousal "partner"?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 11:51:13 am »
When I first started in real estate a few years ago, I did my research and took the courses and seminars and spent the money to do it.  No one believed in me or wanted to know anything about it.  Well, after I bought my first property at an auction my sister jumped on the band wagon and "me" turned into "we". 
Being my twin, she is the other half of me and I just could not say "NO" (ahhhh, the family ties that bound an gag....) Well that was two years ago and I am happy to have her as my partner.  She pushes me and keeps me on track.  She is the organized one and I am the creative one.  We bounce ideas and plans off of each other and remind each other that we have bigger and better in store for us when life (a.k.a. our 9 to 5) gets in the way. 
We still have a ways to go before we are where we want to be financially speaking but at least having the same goals makes it all the more easier.

Offline REI4ROI

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:00:07 pm »
Marital bliss and economic productivity are not necessarily synonymous, but when these two qualities coincide, it could lead to a richness beyond the emotional context. 

Who you marry (as it relates to your future success) is so critical that Thomas J. Stanley dedicated a whole chapter to the subject in his best selling book "The Millionaire Mind". 

Regards,

Scott Miller
RE Investment Advisor
Weichert Realtors
[email protected]

Offline ArcAngele

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 02:42:24 pm »
I'm partnering with my sister (she's a lawyer) on a case by case basis. I think it all comes down to delivering what you say you're going to do. I offer her an opportunity to make extra money with very little work. She ponies up some cash and lets me do my thing. So far so good, but as i said its only on a case by case basis. If you do what you say you're gonna do, shouldn't be a problem. But i still signed a contract to make sure we each knew our duties and how we'd split the profit.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines