We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:29:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:29:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: "Flip this House" appreciation thread  (Read 8975 times)

Offline Beemnseven

Re:"Flip this House" appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 11:43:35 am »
The problem with these programs is that they only focus on the rehab process -- "Hey, look what I did! This house looked like crap before, now look at the 'after' pictures!"

I'm more interested in how they acquired these properties at deep discounts, and how they arranged the financing for construction, rehab and holding costs.

They tend to gloss over those details.

Offline reoconsultants

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 11:51:39 am »
I watched it a few times and agree with you Beemnseven they should show more of that.

Fixing the property is the easy part selling it and finding them is where the skill comes in.

To me after buying properties and doing this so many times watching them fix them up is alot like watching the grass grow, the air compressor fill up. or the ice in your drink melt. VERY BORING!

Offline ItsMarcoz

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »
These types of shows SHOULD bore any experienced investors....because they WON'T show the 'tricks' that were used to acquired and/or finance the properties that they show.  Like reo said...they show only the easy parts!

I wouldn't put my techniques on national TV either if I felt like I had a good thing going...so I think these shows are meant to peak the interest of those who no little or nothing about wholesale flipping at all.

For those of us who do, we'd be better served just watching reruns of the A-Team!!!

Offline ronnie

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 04:35:02 pm »
Marcoz,
You nipped in the bud.  I totally agree with you.  I have seen this show and it spike the interest to get into REI but doesnt tell you the difficult stuff like how they research a property and so forth.
I am more into watching NICK since kids like to watch TV with me......
Damned that sponge bob square pants.....
Ronnie

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines