RE: Vena Jones-Cox

I missed Vena’s call on Wed (had to work). Did anyone notice the download for Wednesday’s call was the same call recorded in 2005?

Was it really? I was on that call.

i was impressed with her on the call. Not much has changed in wholesaling, but she was good…no hype

I love this site and have learned so much just reading and listening to the free audio downloads. I really liked Vena’s call from 05 and was looking forward to listening to her latest call. So, I downloaded the 06 mp3 as soon as it was available, and listened to it at work. As I listened, I thought, man she’s got her presentation down cold, it sounds just like the 05 call. When I got home I compared the 05 and 06 downloads it was the same call! Prior to the Wed call I noticed, and thought it curious, all her old mp3’s had been removed from the free audios. This caught my attention because I referred someone asking about wholesaling to go get her mp3 from 05. Perhaps Hal or Tim can look into this. It’s no biggie, I just wanted to hear her latest call. :cry:

Oh, so you are saying that it was a recorded call that was replayed? She offered a bunch of free stuff on the call, her program, plus 1-1 coaching with her for 6 months, all of her marketing (which sounds great). Her contract sounds good too, very simple and I just like the way she “does business” no nonsence, and I have to admit, I like when the “ladies” are successful because its a style I can emulate as another female. Just my .02

She is very good - concise and straight forward. I enjoyed her 2005 call as well. She gives the same offers at every call it seems - and even has them on her website. She does offer a nice money back guarantee too. I don’t own her course. What I’m finding is that many of the courses say the same thing. I guess there aren’t too many ways to do this REI stuff. :slight_smile:

I bought her course, and I currently only wholesale properties. I want to see her contract for purchase, and I like the way she handles her rehabbers and the homeowners. Some things I want to add right away, and her marketing looks very good. I want to try a new approach, because especially our foreclosures are getting bombarded with other investors, if they have equity, you have 10 guys banging on their door, etc. I want to fish in another pond and try a new approach. I also want her divorce attorney letters. I can’t want for it to arrive, its like Im 8 and its Christmas! :smiley:

hello all,
i was on the latest call. hal sent an email with the link to the audio, then a second email with an oops message. check it out again, as maybe he loaded the wrong one.

You’re probably right about the wrong download being loaded. I just emailed the site to check on it. I previously purchased Scott Rister’s wholesaling course because he’s in Dallas, and since I’m in Austin, the forms he provides are already state specific for TX. Also, Scott’s course is alot cheaper than Vena’s. Some of the guru’s really charge too much for their courses. It’s like the old California gold rush, more people made money selling shovels than finding the gold! Some of these guru’s are selling some very expensive “shovels”. Regardless, I’d be glad to compare info on the wholesaling courses if anyone is interested.

I think $600 for wholesaing plus all of her marketing and her coaching for 6 months is worth it. I paid $900 for one that sucks from someone else, and some of these boot camps I hear about are a total rip off. She sounds like the real deal.

Hello,
Just an fyi that the Vena call was a replay of the 05 call (with her permission). I do the setup for the teleseminars and am on vacation so we’re doing replays because it’s about half the time to set up as a live call. We’ve had about 10,000 folks join the newsletter list since the last call so figured it would be good info. Thanks.

Hoagy, I’m interested to hear the comparisons.

I think the ‘oops’ email from hal was because the download was only four minutes long.

I have Dwan Bent-Twyford’s course on wholesaling- $10 into $10,000 in 30 days. I think it is excellent. I got the course on late night TV. It has three components broken down into weekly time frames. There are 2 CD’s and one workbook per week, plus a CD of contracts. As a newbie, I feel totally confident that I am prepared for my first deal.

Vena’s tape on this site from '05, and the latest teleconference call (I only caught the last few minutes plus the q&a session) reinforced everything Dwan taught. I plan on getting her course as I like how she presents her material, and her chapters on getting leads, along with her actual letters/postcards for marketing sounds wonderful.

I like Dwan’s approach, as she is clear, concise, thorough . She is also one being fair to homeowners, stating several times, “you reap what you sow”. Vena has an article on this site about ethical investing.

Years ago I bought C. Sheets and my first house as a lease option. Much of his course is unrealistic ( borrowing from the bank without good credit by depositing money in a savings account), etc.

Robert Kyosaki has great program but they ripped me off- promised the course was one price charged to my credit card, and now two years later, they are sending me a bill for $500, then $1200!

I bought Russ Dalbey’s course. haven’t done anything with it yet- I don’t like his voice, and his condescending approach. I think the idea of finding notes is probably worthwhile though. he enourages you to post the notes on a website linked to his- I’ll post more on his course once I practice it.

One of my friends has a friend who spent $22,000 on Russ Whitney’s boot camps. Much of what they are teaching is available on Dwan’s course, and for free on this site.

Personally, I feel that Dwan prepares her students so well that you have enough confidence and information that it is unnecessary to spent the equivalent of a year at grad school.

Just my 2cents:)

I also have Dwan’s course on wholesaling and have also attended her short sale boot camp. I like a lot of what her wholesaling course reads, but the only problem I have is you are only looking for homeowners with EQUITY who are in forclosoure. She also wants you to door knock, not the most popular route. There are a ton of investors going after sellers with equity, and not many people will give you 100k in their equity for you giving them $2000 for a moving van. There is always other investors who will give them whatever they want, that has happened to be about 12 times in the past 6 months. I use parts of Dwan’s course, and Ron Legrands stuff, but Im looking forward to Vena’s to connect the dots, and I want her contract and marketing. I thought Dwan’s marketing was a little weak, and her postcards pulled zero calls for me. I like to get several courses and then develop my own style I guess. I also heard about coaches charges around $25k for coaching and boot camps. I think $600 for hers is a good deal…Wholesaling is about marketing bottom line…

REI and just about every business is about marketing. If you don’t market, you don’t get leads, and if you aren’t making offers, you’re not going to make any money! Don’t wait until you know it all to market, because you never will. As far as comparing the courses, I can only judge based on what I heard on Vena’s call. Vena call indicated a set formula (i.e. 70%arv - repairs - 5k = max offer for houses under 160K); Scott’s course tends to go after good deals as well as marginal one’s. He lets the market dictate what a deal is worth by building and contacting a large buyer’s list. One thing I liked on marginal deals, is how he advises to convert a deal into an option on his purchase contract. It goes something like this: “Mr. Seller, I’m not sure the $50,000 you want for your property is a good fit for me; however, I do have a large network of investors who may be interested in buying your house at that price. Would you consider giving me a 30 day exclusive option to purchase your property for your $50,000 price?” If the seller say yes, write in purchase contract: ‘Seller gives buyer exclusive 30 day option to purchase property for $50,000.’ Scott generally does not give earnest money to sellers when making offers. He uses the same $100 over and over that he leaves in escrow with his re attorney.

I agree on the marketing. I have a marketing program that claimed to be the “bomb” in Florida, and is pulled ZIP here in Chicago. Different areas respond to different things.
I sometimes try to get creative, and then I realize that the last 3 deals I got from using the Ugly yellow letter of LeGrand. Who knew?
I like the way Vena explains things, reos, contracts, etc, and it helps me to undertsand how things work on their side.

I have her course and am one of her students. She has been very helpful in getting started. She gives you her email, cell and home phone numbers. I have yet to do my first deal, but am on the verge. I think her material is very thorough. I did have a question that would’ve been out of her RE 101 course, and she just sent me the whole chapter. I highly recommend her.

For the benefit of all, what was your question, and what was her answer?

I wasn’t sure about conducting a subject to, and she sent the whole chapter covering that topic.

Thier is nothing wrong buying tapes and seminar for education and inspiration. Hook up with someone that is an expert and doing it. They are there in your area.