Student Housing?

I am about to graduate college, and I am looking into buying properties specifically for, but not limited to, renting to college students. Most likely single family homes. I feel that through my college experience I have a niche in marketing to college students. Any opinions or advice on this kind of REI would be very helpful. I also am a Licensed REALTOR.

You did not say what state or city you would buy in. Different communities may have restrictions. Such as no more than 2 unrelated persons in the same house. Or there may be no restrictions and you can have 6 bunk beds and 6 desks in the basement. One bit of advice, learn how to be a landlord. You can also get parents to co-sign a lease.

As with any purchase the ability to find motivated sellers and get financing is paramount. You will run out of cash quickly. You will also create yourself a JOB if you plan on doing management and maintenance yourself.

Thanks for the reply. I would be buying in Dallas, TX close to SMU. The properties that I would be looking at are 3 and 4 bedroom houses.