We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 05:04:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 05:04:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Student Housing?  (Read 3273 times)

Offline ThomasG

Student Housing?
« on: July 07, 2004, 09:13:07 am »
I am about to graduate college, and I am looking into buying properties specifically for, but not limited to, renting to college students. Most likely single family homes. I feel that through my college experience I have a niche in marketing to college students.  Any opinions or advice on this kind of REI would be very helpful. I also am a Licensed REALTOR.

Offline Bud Branstetter

Re:Student Housing?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:53:04 pm »
You did not say what state or city you would buy in.  Different communities may have restrictions. Such as no more than 2 unrelated persons in the same house.  Or there may be no restrictions and you can have 6 bunk beds and 6 desks in the basement.  One bit of advice, learn how to be a landlord.  You can also get parents to co-sign a lease.  

As with any purchase the ability to find motivated sellers and get financing is paramount.  You will run out of cash quickly.  You will also create yourself a JOB if you plan on doing management and maintenance yourself.

Offline ThomasG

Re:Student Housing?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 09:31:06 am »
Thanks for the reply. I would be buying in Dallas, TX close to SMU. The properties that I would be looking at are 3 and 4 bedroom houses.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines