Appraisal?

If I want to use appraisers to determine a value of a property, can I send them before making an offer? Do they usually need to have access inside the house?

<<If I want to use appraisers to determine a value of a property, can I send them before making an offer?>>

Yes, on your dime…

<<Do they usually need to have access inside the house?>>

For the most accurate appraisal, they need access…if they have no access, it is commonly referred to as a “drive-by appraisal” and is not as accurate because they have no idea as to internal condition, layout, built-ins, etc.

Keith

You can get them to pull comps for free most of the time! From there I will make an offer contingent upon appraisal and inspection!

Ok, another dumb question from me, what’s ‘comps’? And when you said ‘get them to pull comps’, who is ‘them’? The seller?

Comps = compariables (comparible homes in the area, approximately the same size, apprimately the same age, approximately the same ammenities that have recently SOLD (not listed, sold…!). From this a more accurate assessment of “whatzit worth?” can be determined.

“They” in this case are the appraisers (or a good realtor can also give you pretty accuarate ‘comps’)…

Keith